Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek: Cluster class

BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
edited February 2013 in Work in Progress #1
I started this one a while ago, in between my work on the Aurora and Hayden to give me a sort of relief from working on 25th+ century ships. Instead, the Cluster dabbles into classic TNG era-ism, complete with happy lighting and stuff!

... Well, that doesn't work out as much as I'd like sometimes, but you get the drift ;)

The Cluster is basically a toned down Galaxy-type saucer with a pair of nacelles strapped to it, kicking in to action when her bigger sisters (the Nebula and Galaxy) are relegated to Ship of the Line work. It's reasonably armed and has a pretty amount of internal space. Aesthetically, her interior is a combination of Ambassador and Galaxy design, positioning her a bit in the middle of both. I'm making slow progress with her, sometimes doing some work on the bridge, then the shuttlebay and at other times I'm just fiddling with the captain's yacht and the bay that houses her. I do think that someone to help me out with the internal arrangement isn't a necessary evil, though, especially when it comes to the warp core: I've got only seven decks which offer enough space, deck eight being almost entirely used for the Captain's yacht...
Post edited by BorgMan on
Tagged:

• BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Yeah, first post is for the tumbnail, here, have some more :)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Looks promising.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Now THAT'S the Battle Bridge!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I love this... it reminds me of the old Sequoia-Class concept by Michael Schuster.
    Here's some more :)

[EDIT] BA, I'm having trouble finding that ship. You've got an image lying around somewhere?
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    ^

So am I, lol. Most everything I had reference-wise was on my dead external HD. I do recall that Mike Schuster used to post here way back when before the crash, and that's where I got the original image. It was a BIG pencil drawing of what can best be described as a "Galaxy-Class version of a Steamrunner-Class ship". The basic form was identical, but the saucer, bridge, and nacelles, were all TNG Galaxy-Class derived. I am trying like hell to see if I can find the image on one of my CDs, but so far no luck. If anyone here has a copy, I'd love to have a new copy myself.
    I've been busy on the side hangar, but the render has some inexplainable artifacts appearing in those struts. I really have no clue what's going on...
    Some more bridge work. The lockers moved from the side to the back when I discovered that I didn't have any space left there. Still moving stuff around so that I'll be able to fit it all inside the egg-shaped dome that will populate most of the upper saucer structure...

Oh, and as a bonus another shot from that side-hangar :)
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    I love that bridge design, very practical and yet interesting to look at from various angles. Are there doors to the front as well as rear?
    Yeah, there's doors in the back and at the front. Back has two doors, one leading to the head, computer interface and conference roomd, while the other will lead to atleast a turbolift and perhaps a locker room or a ramp/ladder/jefferies access down. There's also a possibility that I'll sacrifice some of the interface space so that I can do more with the available space.

The doors at front are still a little puzzle, with one leading to a (cramped) ready room and the other perhaps another turbolift. I've added an oversight of the bridge so you guys can see how little space I actually have ;-p
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    Personally, I would have the other aft door definitely lead to a stairwell or ramp, as that seems to be both common (Ent-D, Defiant, Voyager) and practical as in my opinion you should be able to reach every deck by walking there. The front does seem a bit cramped for both a ready room and another turbolift - may you could move the bridge a little bit further back. Hmm... you might even have the forward lift open to both the bridge or the ready room, allowing the captain a way in and out without having to tramp through the bridge. It always struck me as odd that there was no way for Picard to have a private meeting without having to bring people through the bridge. Depending on how close the CO's quarters are, you might be able to dispense with the usual amenities of a private head and pull-out bed.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    just an idea, move the nacelles / pylons back on 2 engineering hulls a-la the Loknar-Class / NX-Class. we need a TNG/VOY era NX-Class upgrade/refit.
  • Soran77Soran770 Posts: 0Member
    Looking Very nice Borgman!! :D I wish I had the sac to attempt to model interiors like you do! :)
    Testing the lighting for the lounge. Pretty satisfied with it :)