Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars-ish detailed cruiser model

13»

• skynet3020skynet30200 Posts: 0Member
    I've adapted the cloud tutorial to 3DS MAX 2008. Still not perfect but looking pretty decent.
    planet_1920.jpg
    98681.jpg
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    A fine image and beautifull meshes that you have made. :)
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    I'm not quite sold on the design, it is in that weird space for me where it doesn't quite look enough like a Star Destroyer to be a variation on that class of ship, or a Super Star Destroyer, and yet looks too close to that style of ship not to be considered one, so I'm finding myself somewhat in a no mans land when it comes to the design, but from a technical standpoint this is some really beautiful work, loving the vid and this last render. I guess the design could grow on me. Either way, great work.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    that is quite an awesome render.
  • jeffabbyjeffabby171 Posts: 32Member
    the video really showed the detail that is film quality work how long did it take you to do alltogether
    About 4 months of modeling and another week or so for cleanup. 2-3 hours a day.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Nice mesh, it really looks like a SW ship. Great job. I bought a couple of your mesh's on Renderosity, I use the outpost all the time.
  • solo75287solo752870 Posts: 0Member
    That's just an amazing attention to detail, you have tons of patience and it paid off.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    skynet3020 wrote: »
    I've adapted the cloud tutorial to 3DS MAX 2008. Still not perfect but looking pretty decent.
    planet_1920.jpg
    sorry I've only just noticed this, very good work, there's a bit of clipping but it looks more or less correct to me

I had ideas to do this in max using the mental ray multi-sub surface but never tried it out as it's not my main app
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The more staggered layers the better.
  • Starkman123Starkman1230 Posts: 0Member
    Looks pretty nice, reminds me of a New Republic era Stardestroyer.

Yah, I think it is a New Republic Sith Star Destroyer. It's very detailed!
    Almost a necro post... I've been playing around with a concept but can't get something I'm happy with so I'll probably just scrap it. I have another idea how to do a ship with a similar style and a fighter I want to do as well. In the mean time I'm taking a game break though.

Not even a rendering (texture mappings are a mess) so just a shot of the preview window.
    p12.jpg
    100124.jpg
    p12.jpg 32.2K
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    it looks quite evil but i am unsure as to which direction it travels in ( although in space it can travel in any direction provided it thrusts in the correct direction to set itself on the right trajectory). are the cylinders with hook like structures around them engines or guns? it looks a bit like the trade federation ships from phantom menace but with the area where command was extended outside of the ring.
    The long pointy thing is aft, the large circular hull is forward. You're right, it does look like the trade federation ship but reversed and with the ball replaced by a longer cylinder. My main gripe is that it looks too delicate (hollow) to be a heavy battleship. perhaps I'll revive the basic design some day as a civilian ship.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Interesting design.... I like it.