Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dmadmans defiant -completed light rig- with after effects

songokusatsusongokusatsu61 Posts: 11Member
edited January 2013 in Finished Work #1
after 4 months of making a light rig for madmans defiant class here it is...
named after my gf, she gave me the drive and my passion back for everything related to art...the rig has full window lighting and glows created with lamps, point lights..the same was done for the reg lights, nacell glow, bussard glow, deflector dish, warp grill glow, and finally impulse and navigation light glow...
99700.jpg
99701.jpg
99702.jpg
99708.jpg
Post edited by songokusatsu on
Tagged:

• What exactly were you trying to achieve here? If you wanted to make it look like a photo of a quality "lighted" model like you might get from Quantum Mechanics or another high-end physical model maker then you succeeded. :)
  • songokusatsusongokusatsu61 Posts: 11Member
    not sure how to take that comment lol
  • Well, in your orignal reply, you said:
    in my mind i allways think how would it look in real life not on the laptop so the lights in the main pic were designed with my revell ncc 1701 in mind and just like that pic she lights up like a crimbo tree lol

So, my guess was right that you were digitally trying to recreate a "display" model as opposed to the "real ship".

In which case, as I noted, you succeeded admirably.
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Looks pretty good.

I usually add all that stuff in afterwards, in Photoshop or After Effects.

The font needs work, though... the one I used is called Starfleet Bold Extended BT. You can find a copy on this site: http://www.starfleet.4mg.com/fonts/. Lots of other neat stuff there also.

-Ricky
    thanks very much mr madman, the design you came up with for this ship sets the standard as far as im concerned for the constitution class.

the font was allways an issue with the texture program i use thanks for the link and thanks for the props.

once ive redone the font would you like the model back with the lightrig?.

also do i have your permission to use the ship in a animation im doing?.
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    No problem. :)

Sure, I wouldn't mind having a copy of the lightrig, and of course you can use it. As long as you put me in the credits. :)

-Ricky
    awsome....