Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dlow orbit

trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
edited January 2013 in Finished Work #1
I'm working with the Physical Renderer from C4D. This is the result.
Have fun

trekki
Post edited by trekki on
Tagged:

• Nice start. Needs more "plasma flames" though.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    That's an awesome picture!
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    surely ships like that shouldn't be entering an atmosphere, too big and too unaerodynamic. good render, i hope that the shields can stand the heat.
  • ^You're right, and they don't. Smaller ships like the Intrepids can (and have been seen to). Defiants supposedly can, but have never been seen to.

A saucer section for one of the bigger ships can in emergencies, but it's a one-way trip if they make it all the way to the ground.
  • DeksDeks200 Posts: 259Member
    I don't see why Federation ships wouldn't be able to go into the lower atmosphere.
    Their deflector shields (which are usually bubble shaped and can be manipulated in both size/shape) for one should be more than adequate to handle the approach vector regardless of vessel design.
    They can manipulate subspace - I find it difficult to imagine that something as trivial as atmospheric penetration is difficult.

Other than that... it a nice image...
    perhaps could use the warp grills to be of more intense lighter blue color (nothing too much though), and maybe some red-ish lights across the hull that correlate with atmospheric fires.
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Deks-
    I must try it. Unfortunately c4d renders very long at such a picture.
    Let's see ...
    Thanks and greetings
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Great picture trekki! Wish I could afford the upgrade from v11. :(
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Yeah, my render times with physical renderer are 3 times higher than with standard renderer and GI :nono::nono:
    Vray not yet tried
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    Love the image, as well as the concept!

Those artifacts/speckles could either be resolved by allowing more time to render, or by adjusting glossiness settings within the materials (I'm guessing). I'm not sure how the C4D physical render works in regards to that.

JMoney
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    JMoney
    The physical renderer is loud description exactly work like a real camera. I have just reduced the shiny lights and the most times. Thanks for the tip.
    regards