Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

NOT SCI FI BUT where can i find a free mesh of a mig 23 for blender

spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2013 in Looking for... #1
its not a sci fi mesh but...
where can i find a free mesh of a mig 23 that i can import into blender. i want it to be fairly high quality/accuracy/detail, texturing would be nice if the model does not have all the details on it. the mesh will need to be organised so that only very simple modification is needed to join the parts together so that the wings can swing back and forth( i am not very good with blender yet). i found a mesh but i cannot manage to rotate the landing gear doors to close them properly( i mean perfectly snapped vertex to vertex, i find it so annoying when there are vertexes very close to each other but not in the same place(probably as i am experienced with sketchup)) or rotate the ailerons to put them in the "inflight" position, there are also some annoyingly aligned parts on the leading edge of the wing which should be snapped to it). if anyone knows where i can find a free mesh of similar or better quality( it must be importable into blender) i would be grateful, if not i would also be very grateful if anyone could help sort out the mesh i have mentioned, i can send you the current blend file where i have tried but failed to attach the ailerons/landing doors correctly and some images of what the plane would look like with the parts correctly arranged. ( a good model of a mig 27 would be alright if one of the mig 23 cannot be found.)
any help would be appreciated, thank you.

UPDATE: here are images of the problem i am having with my meshAttachment not found.
Attachment not found.
Attachment not found.
Post edited by spacefighter on