Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

NX-01 to NCC-1701

Ares BlackmaneAres Blackmane0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2013 in General Discussion #1
Question: Why wasn't the NX-01 Enterprise ever mentioned in the later times, or added to the count of the starships named Enterprise?

Answer: Because it was there all the time, since the dawn of the series.

Here's my take on the history from 2151 to 2285. Not to be taken too seriously, of course. :)
99376.jpg
Post edited by Ares Blackmane on
Tagged:

• caliburncaliburn191 Posts: 0Member
    Question: Why wasn't the NX-01 Enterprise ever mentioned in the later times, or added to the count of the starships named Enterprise?

Answer: Because it was there all the time, since the dawn of the series.

Here's my take on the history from 2151 to 2285. Not to be taken too seriously, of course. :)

The only reason that I can see as appropriate is simply the fact that NX-01 was pre federation and starfleet, 1701 was not, but that would not satisfy the reasons for the shuttle enterprise and the carrier enterprise being shown in model cases or pictures. actual reason is probably simply one of continuity not being able to be applied backwards if you suddenly decide to make a show set in the past and add to that history in ways not covered by canon and accepted histories already established
  • Ares BlackmaneAres Blackmane0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, I know. But big part of the fun of fandom is making up explanations to discrepancies on the screen, or filling gaps in history. That's what fans did in the 70's and 80's, before the canon sticklers came along.
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    It's certainly inventive, I'll give it that. I did love the NX+ class that appeared in the Ships of the Line calendar with the added engineering hull. The ship (NX-01) should have looked like that from the start.
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    caliburn wrote: »
    The only reason that I can see as appropriate is simply the fact that NX-01 was pre federation and starfleet, 1701 was not, but that would not satisfy the reasons for the shuttle enterprise and the carrier enterprise being shown in model cases or pictures. actual reason is probably simply one of continuity not being able to be applied backwards if you suddenly decide to make a show set in the past and add to that history in ways not covered by canon and accepted histories already established

Very simple explanation: The time-line was forked by the Borg invading earth in the past.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    I like what you created there. As good an explanation as any, at this point. :)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    The tempral Time war from the frist season can also be a reason.
    It was started post TNG era and was fought in the past. We don't really know who won it.
    We do know that Archer was there for the final battle in the futuer but again we don't who won and what the out come of it was.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla795 HelsinkiPosts: 2,867Administrator
    NanoGator wrote: »
    Very simple explanation: The time-line was forked by the Borg invading earth in the past.

You know you're talking Star Trek, when a fork in the time-line is the "simple" explanation. :p
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    You know you're talking Star Trek, when a fork in the time-line is the "simple" explanation. :p

That's so true. :lol:

I keep picturing the baffled look on Marty McFly's face when Doc Brown is trying to explain a forked time line and the creation of a parallel universe to him in Back to the Future, Part 2. :lol: