Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTOS Constitution Reboot (Finished)

• kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    as far as i'm concerned with the discussion of fav-Enterprise:
    1. 1701-D
    2. 1701-E
    3. 1701-B
    4. 1701-C
    5. 1701-A / refit
    6. 1701

Turkeyprise, aka JJprise, and NX-01 aren't worth to bear the name Enterprise. hence they don't exist for me
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    The strange thing is, they already had a concept for the NX-01 that actually did a much better job at presenting the idea of "a ton of experimental tech, slapped together to resemble a ship". Can't be helped. That's what you'll get when you put the Blunder Twins in charge and don't assign any adult supervision.
  • Judge Death.Judge Death.1 Posts: 0Member
    If they had to do a saucer for enterprise, hy not one that looked a little more like the original enterprise saucer, so then they could get the idea to build a rear hull for more power and such, leading to the constitution class?

Also did you note that the nx-01 could operate in atmosphere?
  • Judge Death.Judge Death.1 Posts: 0Member
    lennier1 wrote: »
    The strange thing is, they already had a concept for the NX-01 that actually did a much better job at presenting the idea of "a ton of experimental tech, slapped together to resemble a ship". Can't be helped. That's what you'll get when you put the Blunder Twins in charge and don't assign any adult supervision.[/QUOT

I'd have rather seen that than the mess abrahms came up with in his star drek movie.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    That was done here as a non-ringship Declaration class...
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    edited May 2020 #67
    Some renders I did today at school. Enjoy!

VZz0Y9L.jpg
    3a6QMOx.jpg
    WtpHxtj.jpg
    7hiXnhf.jpg
    Post edited by Hunter G on
    JES
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Looking really good.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I don't see any modifications yet.
    I'd like to see the collector parts in black in stead of red.

I've never seen the refit do such a number on a poll.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Although I prefer the original USS Enterprise, this is very pretty!
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Pretty much every fan interpretation of an updated 1701 that's been posted on here has excelled the "JJ Prise" imo, this one included.

I love the lighting in these renders too. I think the glow on the bussards is a little too ferocious for a Starfleet ship. The intensity of the light kind of makes it seem aggressive. But having said that, it does look pretty cool.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I believe that's true...that nearly every fan has done a better job then Ryan Church...understand Church did what he did through JJ Abrams. Church is a Star Wars artist and that's exactly what Abrams was trying to bring to trek. In fact it's possible they're already eye-ing Church for Star War VII.

I think Abrams did a good job with the detail and just messed up the proportions....probably on purpose.
    Yeah, when redesigning the Enterprise, you just don't mess with the proportions. The shape is perfect already. ;)

p.s. I'm glad to see that the refit has the highest in the poll. :)
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Now that I can see more details, I must say, the deflector looks amazing, the details are very original.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Ok, so I've just thought up some things I can change in my design, but the problem is, I'll need to completely reconstruct the model. When I first started modeling it, I've learned some better modeling techniques. I'll post some concepts later to see what you think.
    Redoing one's pet projects to reflect the things you've learned since the last time is actually a good training technique.
    Though MadKoiFish tends to make us all seem like amateurs in that regard, with a project that has version numbers in the triple digits :D
  • vmblastvmblast3 Posts: 0Member
    You've nailed the redesign :D

Pity that they dont use it in new ST movies :P
    edited May 2020 #79
    So, I drew my new idea for what will be my third attempt at the redesign of the ship.

0kunK3T.jpg
    JES
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    First of all, I hope they're not getting Church for Star Trek VII. The three trilogies should have different visual styles.

Church's Enterprise I actually don't mind too much, it sort of suits the modern current aesthetic, there's just little things I'd shift to a side or slide around or resize. I have more issue with the bridge than the exterior.

As for the two "original" Enterprises, I think the show Enterprise is a Helvetica and the movie Enterprise is a Sans Serif.

Now, getting to the reboot TOS, your drawing is nice but, to me, it's a little too detailed, which I think is a trend we're seeing a LOT of on the board when it comes to re-thinking the classic. The classic has all the important stuff on the inside, and I know that details make things read big, but there's an elegance in simplicity and I'm not really seeing any of those on here.
  • songokusatsusongokusatsu61 Posts: 11Member
    simply amazing
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9709 Posts: 5,302Member
    Redoing one's pet projects to reflect the things you've learned since the last time is actually a good training technique.
    Though MadKoiFish tends to make us all seem like amateurs in that regard, with a project that has version numbers in the triple digits :D

I'm not that bad, the highest I have in version count is 7 and the number goes up with every major revision such as dumping a large design element. I think the Onimaru which is the v6 or 7 range is only in its 3rd major start from scratch build.

Nothing wrong with changing your mind or deciding something needs to be redone. It is a hobby not work so it is your opinion that matters most.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • turtleturtle0 Posts: 0Member
    best mix of Abrams and the original feel definitely love this great work
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    I'm not that bad, the highest I have in version count is 7 and the number goes up with every major revision such as dumping a large design element. I think the Onimaru which is the v6 or 7 range is only in its 3rd major start from scratch build.

Nothing wrong with changing your mind or deciding something needs to be redone. It is a hobby not work so it is your opinion that matters most.

YouA’re a perfeccionist Dan. And a dammed good one, I must say.
    ThereA’s nothing wrong about the way you build your meshes. ItA’s just your way and your hobby so, as you say, it is your opinion that matters most. :thumb:
    Starship wrote: »
    YouA’re a perfeccionist Dan. And a dammed good one, I must say.
    ThereA’s nothing wrong about the way you build your meshes. ItA’s just your way and your hobby so, as you say, it is your opinion that matters most. :thumb:
    It's just too much fun teasing him about it. ;)
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    It's just too much fun teasing him about it. ;)

He, he... I know.
    I saw for myself the tripple numbers you mentioned in his wips. :D
    :runs:
    For the record, Madkoifish's Enterprise is one of my favs. :)

Anyway, I just started modeling my new design. I'll post some pics when it's far enough along to be worth rendering.
    edited May 2020 #88
    Well, like I said, I started modeling....... again. I'm almost done with the saucer. I think I'm ready to apply the sub-surfs and start cutting in the windows, airlocks, and other things like that. My goal this time is to make the design not to detailed, but not to simple. I'll do that by making the details more detailed, but leaving the rest alone (does that make sense?), and maybe adding a couple things here and there. I've also decided to do it in cycles this time. :)

MmpANlV.jpg
    tjh7ZwZ.jpg
    JES
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    Looking great!

Also, huzzah Cycles! I hope you have an nVidia graphics card. ;)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    One good thing about Cycles: there's no need to add film grain in post. :rolleyes:

The modeling is looking good so far.
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    I love this design. Especially the recessed sections and fluid design. Can't wait to see more!