Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationBattle at Virgon Point

Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2013 in Finished Work #1
Intermission

I decided I want to find out some things.
(This video may not be complete)

W/o any more info on this, SciFi was mentioned in a rather rude,offensive
obnoxious.insulting comment. And since I have not gotten one reply on any wip post on this particular short,
as mentioned, It seems that I should check and see how those here feel/think about it also.

Just give me your honest opinion on the video as is.

98974.png
Post edited by Randal R on

• SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    You definitely have the shaky-cam bit down.

Could've done without the cockpit view of the cylon fighter exploding (looked cheesy).

The pacing of the battle seems good, though the music is not helping matters.

Overall, pretty decent. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Don't worry about the scarcity of comments--sometimes this place is a bit of a desert.
  • hazendhazend171 Posts: 0Member
    I like it. At least you have the ability to do this. I have the tools, just not the knowledge.
  • jrhotteljrhottel9 Posts: 0Member
    Good job! I don't have the experience to offer suggestions but some of the Viper control panel shots don't feel lower quality then the rest of the production. The quality of the flight dynamics also seem inconsistent, very good in places and off in others. But great job, eventually, I'll find out for myself how difficult it is. What programs did you use?
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I liked it. I think you could have used a different station other than Regula 1 and the cockpit of the viper didn't look at all like a Viper cockpit. Other than those little nitpicks it was very good.
  • NightShadowNightShadow10 Posts: 0Member
    I find myself agreeing with most everyone else. Your camera work is very, very good. Lighting is a bit of an issue, though- everything looks flat. The animations themselves are definitely worthy of praise. All in all, it's not bad. You show promise as a dog-fight animator and camera operator, that's for certain.