Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy First Ever Trekkie

metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2013 in Work in Progress #1
so here's the story i've always liked star trek and the ships in it the curvature of federation ships, the angular lines on klingon and the sleekness of the romulans but from most of the redesigns i start to see that most people keep to refits or the standard rebuilds of current ships which is no problem for me but i would like to see new ship designs etc so anyway i wondered how hard it would be to create an "original" design of ship

anyway my 5 minute rant over heres how it went

introducing the hawk class attack cruiser, the back story for this ship is simple to fill a role between that of a cruiser and a warbird

using quantum pulse disruptors and quantum torpedos shes slightly shorter in length and height but the same width of a warbird, and although she has 3 warp nacelles is slightly more agile and faster

anyhow enough of the text heres the pictures :)
83538.jpg
83539.jpg
83540.jpg
83541.jpg
83542.jpg
Post edited by metalsnake on
Tagged:

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, I like it!

Only crit would be the third nacelle, looks kind of unecessary.
  • metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    yeah i'm still playing with it at the minute not sure if it'll stay might even redo the textures at some point but glad to know my work has got the thumbs up at least once :)
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    Very cool design I like the D'deridex-class front.
  • peppermanpepperman0 Posts: 0Member
    Always good to see a Romulan ship enter the mix. I think she'll look just fine without the top nacell as it does appear to be out of place and considering the ships size probably functionally unnecessary.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    IA’m with the others. The third nacele isnA’t necessary, looks very cool with only two. ;)
    ok not much of an update but just a little info for you guys i'll run some renders of the hawk with just 2 nacelles tomorrow and thanks to you guys i just had another idea for a second ship so tyvm guys i'll run that one tomorrow aswell and post some renders in the afternoon i also plan to start doing some ground vehicles cos i've never seen any in a star trek episode or movie apart from the argo

anyhows i'm out for the night next update coming soon :)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I like the early design where you had a circular formation between the two wings, as if a ship could be hidden between the top and bottom.
    that circular formation inbetween the wings has actually been kept its just half the length the version shown is intended as a game model for a space simulator game named x3 reunion now this one is done i'm going to start adding the docking bays for 6 shuttles/ 6 x 2 seater fighters i'm also going to model the windows in as they dont show very well on my texturing skills which are not least to say purely crap lol

hopefully if someone is willing to join me as a texturer i can produce more ships and some ground vehicles for the romulan empire :)

my ships are from an era further in the future where the romulans and feeration are working together as the klingons have sided with the left overs from the dominion
    83664.jpg
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks very good with two naceles. The mesh was built in 3ds max ?
  • peppermanpepperman0 Posts: 0Member
    I agree the finished result with two nacells looks great. If you are looking for Romulan designs to model may I suggest Atolm's work. He has quite a few Romulan ships designs.
    Starship wrote: »
    Looks very good with two naceles. The mesh was built in 3ds max ?

yeah i use 3ds max 2009 :)

pepperman wrote: »
    I agree the finished result with two nacells looks great. If you are looking for Romulan designs to model may I suggest Atolm's work. He has quite a few Romulan ships designs.

alrighty pepperman thanks for the pointer i'll have to take a look and see if i get any crazy inspiration thanks :thumb:
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i know it's been ages since anyone posted here but i think that looks like a very nice ship, it seems quite detailed and is interesting to look at.