Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Avengers 2012 - HELICARRIER

• biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great, personally though I would like to see a full sized picture that didn't have all the other references in it.

You've put a lot of hard work into this, but you are not showing it off as well as you could.

IMO.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Damit!! The web site hosting the pic's is blocked from work. I'll have to check this out when I get home. :(
  • baxartbaxart0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good!!
    Just can't understand why we haven't gotten an official, good-looking toy or model of this yet.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with biotech. It's looking fantastic, so why not show it off with some nice big renders. You don't really need to show the references anymore at this stage.
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    baxart wrote: »
    Just can't understand why we haven't gotten an official, good-looking toy or model of this yet.
    I guess maybe this doesn't meet the "good looking" qualifier - http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/06/09/comic-con-exclusive-hasbro-goes-big-with-super-hellicarrier/

The scale looks a tad off....
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Heh, looks shockingly bad. Looks like they may have to build a toy based off of this model when it is finished, looking at the state of that atrocity.
  • cljohnston108cljohnston1080 Posts: 0Member
    DCB wrote: »
    I guess maybe this doesn't meet the "good looking" qualifier - http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/06/09/comic-con-exclusive-hasbro-goes-big-with-super-hellicarrier/

The scale looks a tad off....
    To quote Will Smith, "Awwww, HELL no!"
    That's just... ewwww!
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Sorry for the lack of updates, ... been busy with stuff outside this project ... but to kick-start the thread again, I've done a quick compact update showing renders that are about 7 weeks old, ... just to show some progress done back then ... The renders have intentionally been kept small since this is only, what I'm calling the Pre-Build, as prep for the High detail version ....

So take this update as just roughing it out, .. the real fun begins with the hi-res version, where accuracy and the finer details will be seen in larger renders ....

I've also started work on the hi-res Alpha Jet, which I'll post some renders of soon, ... Those will give a better idea of where I'm taking this project with regards to detail ....

Cheers !

Jas

Full size Image - 1440 x 900

vauZ4q.jpg Full Size Pic
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    I love the detail... I just wouldn't want to be a pilot on the helicarrier. You miss your trap, you get sucked into the upper left fan and die!
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    Beautiful work Jas. Good to see you back around too.:)
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Welcome back!
    That last wip rendering, presented as it is, makes me think it was made to be put in a magazine, like 3d world mag, for example. ;)
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Such lovely details. Loving all the little girders and struts you have in there! The undercut section will likely be a complete mare, as all the windows have rooms clearly visible inside! FUN!
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, another reason to eagerly check back on Sci fi Meshes on a daily basis :) Bah, need to make time for a new project, seeing this sort of stuff gets my 3d juices flowing (oo-er)... :)

And check this out :) http://designtaxi.com/news/353424/A-S-H-I-E-L-D-Helicarrier-From-The-Avengers-That-Is-Capable-Of-Flying/
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    My train of thinking went something along the lines of "not another bloody necro... OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No, really.

Sweet work as always. Nice to see you back and progressing with it!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    I wonder how that compares to the helicarrier from Sky Captain...
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This is just out standing.
    Really loving the level of detail on this.
    Thanks very much guys ! :thumb: ...

Updates are a bit slow at the moment, due to other things I've got going on, ... Also, working on multiple models at the same time for the Helicarrier, ... so there'll be various things posted, sometimes the actual Helicarrier, and other times will be assets for it, such as this update, showing part of the Hi-Res Alpha Jet being built ...

Cheers

Jas

*EDIT* - WIP Pic Updated - Post #62
    Nice! I f you're applying this level of detail to the whole project it is going to be a sumptuous end product indeed, and I suspect it'll be well worth the wait.

:thumb:
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Nice! I f you're applying this level of detail to the whole project it is going to be a sumptuous end product indeed, and I suspect it'll be well worth the wait.

:thumb:

yepp :thumb:
    Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing the final render in 2030.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, she's coming along very nicely. I reckon you could put some textures on what you have so far and (in views of the top at least) it'd already be hard to distinguish from the movie model.
    Cheers guys !

Got back to the Alpha Jet Front Landing Gear recently to finish that, along with a few adjustments here and there ... so new renders done (below) ....

@TALON_UK:

Yeah, the Landing Gear pic is only to show where I'm taking the project with detail level ... so there's going to be plenty of close-ups down the track ...

All the Best for 2013 ! :thumb:

Jas

*EDIT* - WIP pic Updated - Post #62
    Indeed, going to be an immense project, just imagining the whole Hellicarrier with this sort of level of detail is just mind blowing. How many tris/polygons are in this landing gear alone?

Looking forward to seeing more.
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Impressive detail set! The poly count for this is going to be mental!
    wow, very nice details there!
    Spec-tac-u-lar... Christ on a bike, how you gonna render that beast :)
    Wiz wrote: »
    <--- snip ---> how you gonna render that beast :)

easy ... really easy ...

just use your mouse and point it to the render button ... then click! :runs:

C_
    Haha, you mean the make your PC melt button ;)
    LOL ... yeah!
    Hey Binkerman, have you seen this? Provides a couple of nice upskirts of ILM's Helicarrier model: