Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBlender stuff

psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
edited December 2012 in Work in Progress #1
I haven't abandoned the Palomino--I did some small details the other day but not enough to warrant an update--I got side tracked with MakeHuman and Blender, doing work on a character and watching tutorials on hair, cloth, and clothes. I'll post something on that later. After learning how to deform planes into shapes, I decided to try a variation on my FQi autonomous fighters.

Not too bad for a first start.

fqi01.jpg

fqi02.jpg

fqi03.jpg

It's not completely what I want, but with more practice I'll be able to get that. While I'm not a fan of creation by deforming primitives, I find with Blender I'm able to make organic and fluid designs far easier, faster and with better precision than with Rhino. Here I made a plane, shaped the wings, extruded it for thickness, then shaped the fuselage. I'd rather my wings have an airfoil cross-section, but that is for another time.
99013.jpg
Post edited by psCargile on
Tagged:

• LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Cool, looks like a shark.
  • DGWilliamsDGWilliams0 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool.

EDIT: Really dig the concept drawing with the nose extensions. Forgive me, but if you were to put some fins on them, that would be one cool looking subfighter. But anyway...back to the skies... ;)
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Nice idea, but don't forget that most modern military jets try to lead the exhaust along their top half to make things harder for ground-based heat-seeking systems.
  • Judge Death.Judge Death.1 Posts: 0Member
    As to the engine exhaust, if this plane were meant to fly very low it might vent heat down to conceal it from being spotted on IR from above. It might be some type of stealthy low flying craft meant to fly very low to avoid radar and such.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The aft view of the nozzle made me think of and Excelsior Dish/cutwater upgrade