Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNarcissus

mrysmrys172 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2014 in Work in Progress #1
Hi all! It is my first post here, but I'am registered long ago and visited this place from time to time. It is because I still had no time to start project, I was thinking long ago. Few months ago project was bringing to life and now it is in progress. Main project is to digital rebulid Nostromo ship from Scott's Alien movie. But for a start I decided to build something smaller, so what I want to show now is rescue pad Narcissus. About 60% modeling phase is ready.
Narcissus001_small.jpg

Narcissus002_small.jpg

Narcissus003_small.jpg

Narcissus004_small.jpg

Narcissus005_small.jpg

Narcissus006_small.jpg

Narcissus007_small.jpg

Narcissus008_small.jpg

Narcissus009_small.jpg
96994.jpg
Post edited by mrys on
Tagged:

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Really nice work there. Loving the level of detail.
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    That's pretty good mrys!!
    What program are you using?
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    That looks fantastic! About time somebody cares for that nice little craft...
  • mrysmrys172 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for comments! I'am happy that youy like this.
    Chanur wrote: »
    What program are you using?

I'am using Blender for modeling. All those shoots were rendered with Yafaray renderer for Blender, but final renders will be rather with Modo. I'am usually using this set for my airplanes works.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Welcome to the forums. I know, you've been registered for a while, but now you're officially a member. ;)

Really nice work here, I love the level of detail. The Narcissus is a great craft. :D
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    Welcome! Yeah, it took me a while to post on here, too. This is a splendid model, derived from an awesome movie. I'll be watching this one :)
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Ne plocha.
  • NXNNXN0 Posts: 0Member
    Agreeing with everyone here. Great start, and I'm LOVING the details.
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Welcome to SFM, glad to see new members posting their work. Clearly you aren't new to modeling, because this kind of detail work takes years of practice to carry off.

This is a great start to a wonderful model. If you are looking to compare notes, you might want to contact Brickhead, he made a Nostromo that included a Narcissus, IIRC.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Welcome!
    Incredible set of details! SheA’s already looking excellent!
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Excellent work my friend. Looking forward to see how this progresses.

Al
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Nice ship you made my Blender brother.
    Thanks again for comments:) Here it is new update some details on udersurface, More images are on site, I've built for document whole process of building Nostromo www.8thpassenger.airart3d.com

narc009.jpg narc011.jpg
    97046.jpg97047.jpg
    Excellent looking work, loving the detail, and the lighting in those shots look great.
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm particularly impressed that you're doing all of this with Blender. I know the app has come a long way since my days of using it (circa 2004-05) but your skill is clearly the biggest part of your results.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Another one I always wanted to have a crack at and never gotten around to it, cool to see someone doing it justice :)
    Had the Halycon model of this back in the day, and the Nostromo, both beautiful models, and were some of my best physical model building work back when I used to do that sort of thing. You're doing a fantastic job on this, and I can't wait to see your work on the Nostromo when you get around to it too. If it is anywhere near as nicely detailed as this that should be something to see.

:thumb:
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    Way cool, I like it very much! I am looking forward to additions to the alien line up.
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    Once again thanks for the comments and feedback. :) Undersurface is ready I moved to the top of Narcissus. Main window for the start. By the way last two shoots were render in Cycles (first in Modo).
    Narcissus015_small.jpg

Narcissus018_small.jpg

Narcissus019_small.jpg
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Excellent attention to detail.

Al
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    damn i thought this was a capital ship with all that detailing - beautiful modeling though :thumb:
    IA’ve just finished modeling of Narissus (exterior). Of course it is still far from finish A– time to texturing.
    Narcissus020_small.jpg

Narcissus021_small.jpg
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    That's some really nice greebleing there! Cool model!
    Merry Christmass for all!
    xmasseffects_small.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Oh baby, how did I not see this before? Looks great, and we could always use more Alien ships on this board.
  • UK-BladeUK-Blade331 Posts: 0Member
    So that's how santa gets to everyone's house at xmas....although it must have a deceptively large cargo area!

Nice work!

Merry Xmas.......
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    UK-Blade wrote: »
    So that's how santa gets to everyone's house at xmas....although it must have a deceptively large cargo area!

Nice work!

Merry Xmas.......

It's equipped with a transporter. That's how Santa does it with this beastie.
  • aussie3daussie3d0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work and detailing here, was wondering please are there any blueprints and dimensions around anywhere please.
    Ta..