Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationRise of the Cylons wip short-SciFi

Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Something I began and been working on ideas for it as I go.

Based on the original Battlestar Galactica

The story of the Ceylons begin, or rather near end, and the First Contact
by Colonials as in my Video "Cylon First Contact"

Previous made Short- Cylon First Contact

LINK to Video

Story so far

"Many yarhens ago, a race known as Ceylons,escaped from their doomed and dying world. They built machines so their civilization would survive.

Soon the Ceylons realized they could gain what they had lost...... through conquest. And after generations of this, it became their sole purpose.

The Ceylons are thought to have died off, no one really knows,but their civilization of machines lives on. And their purpose? Annihilation!"

Second Perspective:

"It all started when we discovered a crashed ship of another race.
The ship was operated by mechanical machines. As we were investigating, several unknown ships attacked our recon team. We soon realized they were of the same type of craft found on the moon.

The Council of Twelve is alarmed and is ordering the Colonial Fleet to find this race and open diplomatic relations. To soothe over any misunderstanding."

First WIP Clip Right Here !

may want to check quality of video-set it to 480 or 720
--- all credits will be added soon--

Tips,Feedback,Suggestions are appreciated

I would prefer a narrative instead of text ,but my voice will do more harm than good :)
I have a few more ideas I hope to explore to continue this story unfolding in my head.

Regards,

Randal R.
98712.jpg
Post edited by Randal R on

• vnm51vnm51173 Posts: 0Member
    The trailer is good so far, that planet ring maybe a bit tiny but that's all. I like the composition including colors lights and the music.
    But how does a droid controller from SW come on the table? (the img)
  • Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
    UPDATE Wip #2 Rise of the Cylons

Don't forget to check Quality of video

Added some new layers of music and a few effects, some more planet shots,
    and drum roll please.....

AN AWEsome Cylon Animation.........Imho...colonial-salute.gif

still needs some work and have more thoughts on story.....

@ vnm
    But how does a droid controller from SW come on the table? (the img)

A: I was just browsing some models looking for I don't recall, and I saw the Droid Command ship, and I thought it would
    make a good looking old ceylon station or orbiter. I thought it fit. I also got an Attackstar (BSG) that I have been tinkering with
    adding mat. tex. to maybe throw in.

Regards,

Randal R.
    Update wip #3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPWfSISdkc

Am posting this, because at this time I am having comp issues that may require a reinstall of Win7 OS. So am working on saving all my files and may be some time when I can work more on this or it all may end up lost 4 ever.

I have yet to create the scenes to fill in the void space.

Credits will be added soon... :D

Hope you enjoy....

Randal R.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    "This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Damn. I wanted to see this.
    cavebear wrote: »
    "This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Damn. I wanted to see this.

Try it now, but hold on, I got and Update Right HERE! wip #4

UPDATE Wip # 4
    Please Check Quality of Video Settings, and watch it Large :D

If the Video is still blocked, Let me know, Don't just hang up, and I will get a copy on Vimeo to post.

Pers. Notes.
    Thank You for watching, my fan based, Home based,DIY'er SCiFI Fictional History of the way it ought to be in the BSG universe. The Cylons were made by another race. At least then they would not be trying to have sex every 33 minutes lol...

Regards, :D

Randal R.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    It's Cylons, not Ceylons. You have that spelling error throughout most of the first parts....

Nice idea.
    Aresius wrote: »
    It's Cylons, not Ceylons. You have that spelling error throughout most of the first parts....

Nice idea.

Story Notes

No, I don't. Ceylons are an organic race, Cylons are the Machine race. (At least that is how I have always thought)

Not an accident that many typos lol..... I am from the time of the Original Series, and the lore from then is still fresh in my mind.
    So, most may not comprehend or understand, but it also can stand alone with other fill ins.

At least you were paying attention :) and I thank you for watching and reply. After as many times I have seen it, I become somewhat desensitized and detached and inputs from others often snaps a lil reality into it.

See, between all the text, I got in my head, images, and scenes, histories, and backdrops,sub stories, tangents and
    can not be seen, or heard by you ( the Audience) but I try with what I can to express some of these.
    The ceylons had to rebuild their civilization, they filled it with machines, creating a race, and a civilization of machines. :D
    Also, that the ceylon race experienced a holocaust that later the colonials must endure.

Besides, it's a hobby, and I like making these for some damn reason.....

more notes
    In the Original Series, the Colonials knew not much of the Ceylon race, that thay may have been reptil like and that they died off and the the machines were what was left of their civilization, but no one knew for sure...
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Oh, so that's how this fits together.... Interesting.
    Rise of the Cylons Pt.1 wip #5 Final

This is I think a final. Will add to Finished.

Maybe better if I do more on this to make it a separate part, whether to follow with more story lines or add a chapter.

First off.
    Did you like the video? The CGI? The Music Mix? The Story or Concept? The Look? Leave a comment.

Would you like to see another short related or following up this one?

The story of the cylons .... more based on original BSG...Cr. Glen Larson..
    "The cylons were not created by man. They were alien. They did not require sex every 33 minutes.
    If created by man, yeah, I can see the machine wanting to boogie and get it on too."

"Monkey see, Monkey do right?"

--Randal R (today) :D

Premises, Notes, Concept etc...

My original outlay of the short fictional story based mostly on the original series story and speculations.

"Many yarhens ago, a race known as Ceylons,escaped from their doomed and dying world. They built machines so their civilization would survive.
    Soon the Ceylons realized they could gain what they had lost...... through conquest. And after generations of this, it became their sole purpose.
    The Ceylons are thought to have died off, no one really knows,but their civilization of machines lives on. And their purpose? Annihilation!"

Second Perspective:

"It all started when we discovered a crashed ship of another race.
    The ship was operated by mechanical machines. As we were investigating, several unknown ships attacked our recon team. We soon realized they were of the same type of craft found on the moon. The Council of Twelve is alarmed and is ordering the Colonial Fleet to find this race and open diplomatic relations. To soothe over any misunderstanding."

Development ....

I was also trying to add some boarding action with the cylon models, but since I can only animate them in R10. I was having a whole lot of difficulty getting things to match up, let alone start animating them.

I found that I was unsure of what to add next, I got more lines of story I can tell, but
    it just seemed like it needed to end here. And maybe I will do another take off this
    with some colonial action.

Ironic, that a race built machines to survive, and those very machines turned on them, ...
    or did they? Also, the Ceylons endured a hardship and holocaust and near extinction,
    had they not been advanced enough to travel in their system and colonize, there would have been no survivors of the gamma ray burst and it's killing effects.They had to escape,
    leave their world's behind to their peril.And later force this same situation on many other races. Bent on near madness from this they only knew
    that they had to take and conquer. This they instilled into their machines (Cylons).
    Or did the machines inherit this?

As far as history goes this is the best accounting of the Cylons. Unknown if their masters still are masters, extinct, terminated or if they existed.We know that when we did encounter them (See Cylon First Contact)
    they had a vast Empire already enslaved to their ideals.