Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips Of The Starfleet Museum

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Love the pic, with all the different models.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    I was thinking it might make an interesting chess set.
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    I was thinking it might make an interesting chess set.
    I want that chess set!
    UPDATE...
    I unwrapped and textured the things coming off the back of the ship. Now I just need to do the front. Rendered in mental ray.
    1646.jpg
    UPDATE...
    More textures done. It’s not perfect at the moment and needs a few more tweeks.
    1647.jpg
    Started to do an early block in of the Klingon D2.
    1648.jpg
    looking good.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks excellent, all of them!
    I especially do like of that dark gray-green combination of color in the last rendering. Turnned ou very good and elegant, I must say.
    Thanks.
    UPDATE...
    Started on the final bit of textures. Still have to add all the panels and grime. I decided to make the rings around the missile tubes a slightly darker green just to give it a little more variation. I Still have a few things to tweek on the other textures and I need to do the missile tubes but I should be done soon.
    1649.jpg
    She really turned out nice Mate.
    Thanks.

UPDATE...
    Getting close to the end here. I’ve added the panels and grime.
    16491.jpg
    A nice view from behind.
    1650.jpg
    Still have a bit of tweeking but it is mostly done so I can start on the missile launchers.
    1652.jpg
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Great work, as always.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    I could see a Cabbage towing a TOS Bird of Prey with unfinished/faulty warp nacelles to run on impulse power only then monitor a weapons test we saw in Balance of Terror.
    UPDATE...
    Well I think IA’m done with this ship. I fixed some stuff I didnA’t like about the gray center part and even added a small bump map to it. I also finished the missile launchers and I am very happy with how they turned out.
    1653.jpg
    IA’m not happy with this picture but IA’m not gonna sit for nearly 3 hours for it to render again.
    1654.jpg
    came out really well.
    UPDATE...
    Well here we go again. Started to block in the shapes for the Klingon D2. I’m not too happy with the forward section because it looks a little lumpy to me but I think I can fix that.
    1749.jpg
    1750.jpg
    1751.jpg
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    UPDATE...
    Well here we go again. Started to block in the shapes for the Klingon D2. I’m not too happy with the forward section because it looks a little lumpy to me but I think I can fix that.
    1749.jpg
    1750.jpg
    1751.jpg

For some reason, I like this design so far... as rounded as it is... it kinda reminds me of a compacted version of a Vor'Cha or something.
    Yeah. You're right I kinds see it now.

UPDATE...
    I think I fixed the bumpyness I was unhappy with. And started to add some details to the front section.
    1753.jpg
    1754.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Well I think I’ve finally got the shapes that I want for the secondary hull. I’ve still got a few things to iron out but I can get started on details.
    1755.jpg
    1756.jpg
    1757.jpg
    1758.jpg
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Nice work.
    Thanks.

UPDATE...
    Started to work on the warp engines and added details including a small opening on the outer side of the engine to add some green glowy bits.
    1759.jpg
    1760.jpg
    I’ve added the impulse engines and two shuttlebay doors.
    1761.jpg
    1762.jpg
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    The overall look is really quite wonderful. Has the more primitive look of the early ships but also has the lines that will make it into the modern ship designs. This is a great work XFozzboute. Love it lots :)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Great job!
    Thanks. :D

UPDATE...
    One small scale pic. I made the mistake of thinking the D3 is overall larger than the D2 but it’s only longer with an extened neck and shoulders. I’ll fix that when I get around to that ship.
    1763.jpg
    The build on this is coming to an end. The two bumpy things on the middle of the ship have another cutout in the front but I might leave those of because I don’t think it’s needed. I’ll see how it looks and then decide. I’ve also started to unwrap parts of the ship to start the textures.
    1764.jpg
    1765.jpg
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    To much cool Rob! :thumb:

UPDATE...
    I’m just about done with the build on this. Just a few minor things to do like beveling edges and fixing some smoothing groups. I’ve also started to get deeper into the textures and this is what I’ve done so far. Still has work to go.
    1766.jpg
    A better look at the new cutouts I made on the top of the ship.
    1767.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I’m getting close to the final version of the textures. I need to make a few adjustments still.
    1768.jpg
    One of these two ships will be the next one I build.
    The Powhatan
    1769.jpg
    1770.jpg
    The Bison.
    1771.jpg
    1772.jpg
    Really nice Textuer work.
    UPDATE...
    This will probably be the last update for this ship this month. I’ve done a little bit more texturing and now I’m gonna start to unwarp the head and neck. This will take awhile since they are one part and have mesh smoothing applied.
    1773.jpg
    1774.jpg
    1775.jpg
    I have said it before and I'll say it again.
    Love your textures.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Freak is right, your textures are simply amazing. Aside from the actual meshes you make, your textures are what I love to look at and see how you do each part separately and watch the whole ship come alive post by post :)