Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Enterprise E again - Obligitory Beauty Shot :)

VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2012 in Finished Work #1
Once again Dave's E with better lighting ;)
98312.jpg
Post edited by VK08 on
tbg.jpg 148.3K
Tagged:

• Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Lighting looks good, the warp nacelles are still the only thing that really stick out to me...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann629 Posts: 1,284Member
    I keep thinking that the E is so small... it's shots like this that remind me how big it actually is on the inside.
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    I agree with Chris2005, lighting is very nice, but the warp nacelles and bussard collectors look off to me.

Other then those two little things, great picture!

JMoney
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    JMoney wrote: »
    I agree with Chris2005, lighting is very nice, but the warp nacelles and bussard collectors look off to me.

Other then those two little things, great picture!

JMoney
    '

I'll ask IRML about that, seeing as he set the surfaces..
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    VK08 wrote: »
    '

I'll ask IRML about that, seeing as he set the surfaces..

It could just be the lack of glow. I'm not sure about Lightwave, but in 3dsmax the glow materials look strange until you activate the glare output shader, then it looks great.

Jmoney
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    It could just be the lack of glow. I'm not sure about Lightwave, but in 3dsmax the glow materials look strange until you activate the glare output shader, then it looks great.

Jmoney

I used to use the built in glow, now I add the glow effects afterward... after seeing how good it looks when Tobias does it, I decided to do the same thing, and it's true, it's a lot better and you do have more control over the effect without having to re-render it all over again...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member

Jmoney

One needs to activate the glow (in the image processing panel) or one of the corona/bloom shaders. IIRC, IRML comps these in afterwards.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,564Member
    This is beautiful, but IMO, the lighting is just too dark... it shrouds too much of the model's nice detailing. Personally, I'd up the lighting level a bit.
  • DevilmanDevilman0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work!
  • overseerfxoverseerfx0 Posts: 0Member
    I think the overall scene lighting is exceptionally well done!

Two suggestions from my end to make the ship "pop more" in the scene; for one, increase the nacelle glow. Even if it tends towards bright blue, it would look much better (in my opinion) and you could then add an area light between the nacelles to light a little bit of the hull. Also maybe increase the light strength of the windows facing the viewer. Since they're in the shadow, they would show much brighter.

That would most likely both be a little bit of postwork though. Still, the overall lighting is mesmerizing!