Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DSTAR TREK Daedalus Class Deckplans

Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2017 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys, the last few months Ive been working on this project, not completed yet, still have the engineering section to do etc, but thought I should see what you guys think, anything that needs a change or anything, you know the drill.

Thanks
Post edited by Admiral Danev on
Tagged:

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Wow, this is one helluva project, awesome work! :thumb:
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Viper AviatorViper Aviator0 Posts: 0Member
    Very, very cool! Please show us more!
  • Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    Im purposely trying to make it cramped, so any idea to fill up some room, please tell haha
    ALTERATIONS 20120803.jpg

Hey guys, still not happy with the Torpedo areas, what do you think? or any suggestions?
    96843.jpg
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Loving this! only crit is... the lower decks, they have room/quarters that are HUGE! especially compared to the captains quarters on deck 1/A maybe redo some of them to crew quarters, 2 per room bunk beds maybe?

just make up a list of things that they might need, and what sciences might have laboratory or rooms like marine sciences, astrology, astrophysics, cartography, biopsy lab, stellar cartography. then what the crew might need, bathrooms, rec rooms, laundry, movie theatre ( there in there I know.. just thinking out loud) machine shops, life support, water, food stores ( ALOT of space for those 2.. I mean Years away so lots of stores) emergency generators,

Looking forward to more :)
  • killakanzkillakanz176 Posts: 112Member
    On Deck B, access to the bathrooms is via an airlock. Is that in case of environmental hazards?
    Loving this! only crit is... the lower decks, they have room/quarters that are HUGE! especially compared to the captains quarters on deck 1/A maybe redo some of them to crew quarters, 2 per room bunk beds maybe?

just make up a list of things that they might need, and what sciences might have laboratory or rooms like marine sciences, astrology, astrophysics, cartography, biopsy lab, stellar cartography. then what the crew might need, bathrooms, rec rooms, laundry, movie theatre ( there in there I know.. just thinking out loud) machine shops, life support, water, food stores ( ALOT of space for those 2.. I mean Years away so lots of stores) emergency generators,

Looking forward to more :)

Yeah thanks, I have most of those, more to come in the Engineering Section. I agree with you about the cabins, Ive never been happy with them.

Oh Killakanz, its always good to try and shield the bathrooms from the public, I really need to do the same to the rest of them, plus I just needed a central space between the three rooms.
    Been fiddling around with crew quarters, removing some, altering others. Couple of other changes, still got a few spare rooms I have yet to name, not necessarily nameless though.
    Just updating after what I have been working on today. Time for bed :)
    Latest of what I have done the last couple of days, guess Im updating these too quickly.
    Hey guys, Im debating whether to put a couple of things in or not. ENTERPRISE had a Transporter, Protein re sequencer & Bio-matter re sequencer (early versions on replicators), I always thought it was too early to have these technologies, what do you guys think?
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The deck plans look great so far. :)

As for the question at hand: You already added a navigational deflector, which the original "Daedalus Class" didn't have, so why not add some other stuff from Enterprise? So, I vote for adding those systems you mentioned.
    Yeah true. I started working on the Transporter today anyways. Whenever I look at the original Daedalus model, I just reckon it was a basic representation.
    Well guys, Its on there :) Still got a little bit to do on the Primary hull, but its really really close. Do you guys think this looks "Trek" enough?
    It certainly looks Trek to me. Nice work. :D
    Thanks man.
    Alright guys, another question, the ship already has missiles/torpedos and launchers, but Im unsure whether to go "Plasma cannons" "Laser cannons" or something else. Which one should this ship have?
    Based on the dialog from The Cage, laser cannons or something even less evolved, like a rail gun. The crew of the Enterprise was using lasers, so we have to assume the ship was too. Though, thanks to the re-use of props, that weapon was also used in The Man Trap and was supposed to be a phaser. So, it could simply be that Tyler misspoke when he called them hand lasers. However, if you go based on the show Enterprise, it would have phase cannons. It was also established in the TNG episode A Matter of Time that phasers were invented in the 22nd century and in the episode Power Play that the Daedalus-class was used in the late 22nd century, so that would also support using some kind of rudimentary phaser, such as a phase cannon.
    Okay so here is the latest, done a bit of a reshuffle of a couple of rooms, added and moved a couple of Phase cannons (for better coverage), apart from that, not alot else has been done unfortunately.
    Looking back at it today, I reckon its a bit overkill. Im thinking of removing the two lower rear ones atleast, that area should be covered by any phase cannons on the engineering hull. Do you guys think 6 cannons is too much for that that section? Maybe make it just the 4 forward ones? I believe just 2 or 3 should be enough for the engineering hull (to be done later).
    Yeah, 6 is a bit much. But, it also depends on their fields of fire.
    Okay tried re-working it out, I reckon just 2 cannons on the primary section, one top centre, one bottom centre. Looking at the engineering section, I reckon I need 4 for full coverage there, totaling 6 Phase Cannons for the entire ship. All the specs on the net i could find say 4 or 5 MAX, So i might try and cut i even more....
    To hell with specs, just do as many as you think should be there.
    Okay here is that latest. just been moving, cutting, and redesigning a bit here and there. Time for bed :)
    Just a little side not guys, I printed that file I have attached above onto A4 paper last night, turns out its almost exactly the same scale as Tim Palguts Deckplans from Cydonia6 inc, of which I have both available sets :)

Pretty nice to be able to compare this Daedalus to the Constitution & the Defiant :)
    Been a while, tried fleshing out the Engineering Hull. Got the basic shapes there, the lower couple of decks are not what I want, thins need to be moved and replaced to match the upper decks. Let me know what you guys think.
    Well I know its been a while, Ive kind of forgotten to post updates lately. Ive been fleshing out the Engineering hull, got the basics in there. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
    WOW a whole month since my last update, and have not achieved as much as I had hoped, attached is my progress update, its getting so fiddly that Im struggling to concentrate lol
  • Starship1405Starship1405332 Posts: 22Member
    Awesome work! Love this retro-Trek stuff and blueprints!
    Sooooo its been soo long since Ive shown you all how this project has progressed, I literally went a couple of years without working on this project, then completely re-worked it when i started back on it.

The whole thing is about 70% done, and it is a labour of love, with me MAYBE finishing a room here and there.

Please let me know what you think so far.

http://fav.me/d9s71lu

http://fav.me/db31fsj

http://fav.me/db31ga4

http://fav.me/db3kyts

http://fav.me/db1wwjv