Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Lucasfilm bought by Disney, Announces Episode 7 for 2015

ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
edited November 2012 in General Discussion #1
As the title says: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/10/disney-to-acquire-lucasfilms-for-4-billion/

I know many will scream and complain, I'm just glad there's more Star Wars coming our way :D

Discuss
Post edited by Viper on

• SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Especially if they make George Keep His Damn Hands Off.
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Someone has to take over. George is, what, closing in on 70?
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    A new star wars every two years?

Hell yes!
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    yeah it's pretty cool news I think, I very much doubt disney will mess up
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Not for the first time tonight I will say again, I would rather have a new star wars film from the people that brought me the avengers and toy story 3 than from the people who brought me the phantom menace any day.
  • Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    I'm actually enjoying the reaction some of my friends who hardcore SW fans are having...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Aye, tentatively positive about this after an initial knee-jerk reaction of,

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!"

Even a little excited, let's face it the prequels were not exactly up to the same classic quality as the original trilogy, maybe some fresh blood behind the camera could reinvigorate the franchise. After all the Clone Wars has gone a long way towards redeeming the prequel era and shows how good the franchise can be in fresh hands. So this could be a good thing or an unmitigated disaster, too early to say either way yet.
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Sanderlee wrote: »
    Especially if they make George Keep His Damn Hands Off.

Quoted for agreement. I cannot believe the bitchiness I've been reading about this.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    rojren wrote: »
    Someone has to take over. George is, what, closing in on 70?
    So? Walt Disney died in '66. Did someone take over Disney after that? A shame they do not find someone to remain separated...

Oh well, this change, we can only live with it.
  • Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    I've never been a big Star Wars fan, so it's not a big blow to me. :p
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    So? Walt Disney died in '66. Did someone take over Disney after that? ...

(not completely sure I understand what you mean :) ) Yes. Many people, (Roy Disney, for one) have lead the Disney Empire. Some lead well, some not so well. When there's a changing of the guard they usually go through a bit of slump, and they end up with odd things things like "John Carter". Not horrible, but terribly mismanaged, so it bombed.
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    I am probably not the average fan. I did not think the new trilogy was that much of a disaster. Episode I and III both had some great moments. Episode II was pretty bad though. That said, all the stuff that has been made on the star wars universe by other people than George Lucas has been good to great. The current animated series is actually really good, and some of the games were awesome. Not having Lucas doesn't bother me at all. From what is written on the news pieces, Lucas will have an advisory role only, which is also not bad. You don't want a nobody to come in and crap all over the universe that has been established. My only real concern about a new trilogy is what exactly are they going to use as material.

Apart from all that, I think this is great stuff. I actually thought that we were not going to have anything really substantial happening again from Star Wars for a long time apart from the TV series they have in the making. Still, I wish they would make either a Trilogy based on the Knights of the Old Republic games, or even better, a miniseries :)
  • Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    Im SO EXCITED about this, I think its great that the franchise will have some fresh blood, I will watch ANY star wars movie, regardless of quality. I couldnt be happier.
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Think about it... Darth Mickey.:confused:
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Finally, new Star Wars movies!
    The second trilogy wasnA’t that bad, but wasnA’t that good too. LetA’s see which will be the focus of this new trilogy. I would like to see what happened before Luke restabilished the Jedi Order. I have a comics trilogy which focuses in this era, where the clonned emperor reborns, Leia has twins, and Luke goes to the dark side. It was well developed. :)
    Anyway, letA’s see were Diney goes with the franchise. Hopefully, it wonA’t be a reboot, it wonA’t be about Leia, Luke and Solo childhood, and it wonA’t be about the Ewoks...
    Aaaaaaannnnnnddddd... HOPEFULLY we wonA’t have to see those dammit and stupid crossovers coming to life:

Darth Vader x Hulk
    Palpatine x Iron Man
    Mickey x the Dark Side
    And so on....

Think about Mickey as Yoda, Donald as Solo, Pateta as Skywalker and Bafo as the Emperor! :o
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Just make sure that George won't be directing these movies again.
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!"

Now, now.

It's "NnnnooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!"

And, yes, quite a few people have been complaining about it.

Me, I love the universe Lucas created--and many of his additions to it even in the recent three films have been genius. Unfortunately, his knee-jerk need to be in Total Control over everything (witness demands for endless re-renders of Yoda at the end of Episode II) really did damage to the second trilogy. It's hard to do, but he needs to put the universe into someone's competent hands and step back.

That said, I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to new stuff!
  • moebiustripmoebiustrip0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing more Star Wars films. We've had fifty years of James Bond, nearly fifty of Doctor Who and forty odd years of Star Trek so having forty odd years of Star Wars works for me.
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    i just wonder why dit they sold...
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Folks, you all seem to forget the most horrible thing that comes along with nearly every Disney movie:
    The SINGING!!! Do we really wanna see dancing and singing clonetroopers or a duet between a jedi and a sith ?!? :D

...Well at least they anounced EP VI(I) :) ...
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Episode VI has been out for a long time mate :shiner:

And Robot Chicken has already done Star Wars on Ice :D
    Viper wrote: »
    Episode VI has been out for a long time mate :shiner:

Bah, the second "I" is hidden behind the first one :D
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Chanur wrote: »
    Bah, the second "I" is hidden behind the first one :D
    The number is bigger on the insid... wrong franchise ...
    lennier1 wrote: »
    The number is bigger on the insid... wrong franchise ...

“Luke, you switched off your targeting computer. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I’m ... - well, there's a blue box flying ahead of me...” :D
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    is there going to be another star wars film? anyone know anything about it and what might happen?
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, 2015.
    I'm looking forward to seeing more Star Wars films. We've had fifty years of James Bond, nearly fifty of Doctor Who and forty odd years of Star Trek so having forty odd years of Star Wars works for me.

Not to mention almost 70 years of Gojira.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    disney.jpg
    Text says: "Breaking News: Disney continues Star Wars Saga."...
    98363.jpg
  • moebiustripmoebiustrip0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm not that concerned about Disney making the Star Wars films. Think of Tron Legacy, it might not have been the greatest film of all time but it certainly wasn't cheesy and it wasn't dumbed down and it's a Disney production.