Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

What's your favorite post-apocalyptic t.v. drama? And why?

HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
edited October 2012 in General Discussion #1
Okay folks, as the title asks. What's your favorite post-apocalyptic t.v. drama? And why? From what I can see, there are three currently out that have got my attention, and in order from least to greatest.

1. Falling Skies:

A somewhat appealing scifi/action/drama that takes place in a contemporary setting, which puts a race of sophisticated, highly advance, yet hostile super aliens, against a ragtag, half starved, scared and desperate group of humans("The Resistance"). Humans whom, by the way, would just as soon turn on against themselves and start eating each other; for apparently just any reason that comes mind. Plus, three additional elements, a group of very tough arachnid-like aliens, which just so happen to be working for the highly advance, yet hostile super aliens. However it has been revealed that the arachnid aliens too are a conquered race, that are being used as pawns (overseers), by the super-aliens. And, that a few of the arachnids have organized into a resistance group of their own. In addition to the arachnids there are also a group of kids, none of whom are over the age of 16 I believe, that have been captured by the alien aggressors and forced to wear techno-organic harnesses that releases narcotics into the children's blood stream, keeping them nice and subservient while the aliens use them for as much menial slave labor as possible. The harnesses also acts as immune boosters as well as curing just about any ailment(s) the wearer (child), may have had before being harnessed. And finally, the mysterious new alien race, who seems to be really chummy with the arachnid resistance, and who seems to be at least as advanced as the super-aliens. Oh yeah, and arachnids are also harnessed, and there's at least one crazy, (or really stupid) human who turns in other humans to the super-aliens for a weekly supply of groceries. WTF? During the first two seasons my money was on the super-aliens, as they were holding all the cards. They had the numbers, the tech, and the weapons, not to mention all the supplies they needed; the humans, they had to scavenge for everything. And, even when it was revealed that the arachnids had formed a resistance and were willing to join with the humans, it still didn't seem like the humans had a fighting chance. But when these new aliens arrived I thought, “Hmmm, they might just actually pull it off.”. But that remains to be seen.

Rating: 3/5 :thumb::thumb::thumb:

2. Revolution:

Can anyone say “Afterworld”. But even still, I loved Afterworld and Revolution seems to be doing it some justice so far. All in all, a fairly show, as it is Afterworld. :lol:

Rating: 4.5/5 :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

3. The Walking Dead:

THE BEST SHOW ON TV TODAY!!! Zombies, guns, killer gangs, abandoned cities, carnage and mayhem! YEAH!!!

Rating: 5/5 :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Post edited by Hundred on

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    Mine would obviously be the new Battlestar Galactica, because it managed to tell a story about humanity and people, and what the "end of the world" does to a society over time, and how we manage to keep a semblance of civilization together.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    And, even though it wasn't the old Galactica, which I really loved, it didn't try to give the illusion of a "utopian fantasy rising from the ashes" as the original did. Which was really seen as far fetched when you saw how banged to hell the new ships were when they got to our Earth, as opposed to how nice and clean they were on the old series when they got here.

And, I must admit to having been very impressed with the new series when I finally broke down and watch the whole thing last year.

Good one BolianAdmiral.