Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Star Trek : USS Parallax (Low Pay)

DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
edited October 2012 in Looking for... #1
3D build required for custom made star trek design.

Medjai started this for free, but real life took over and he hasn't posted for 2 years. His start and some of the original drawings can be found here

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?39400-USS-Parallax

Please do not necro the thread.

Limitations:
  • I will want to be able to open and render the model, so a format that can be opened in Max8 would be nice.
  • 3D mesh will be required, textured and lit.
  • No moving elements, except perhaps shuttle bay doors.
  • You will be strongly encouraged to produce a couple of high quality renderings
  • No immediate need for it. If you want to start work at some point in the next couple of months, I think a deadline for the end of the year will be fine, provided you have some early 'low detail shots' I can use for 'distant' renderings.
  • Since it's a pretty 'unique' design, I want to limit release of the mesh to people the modeller and I choose (and agree), and not release publically.
  • You will not be required to detail interiors, though I will consider this a bonus, and will work with the modeller to come up with suitable designs.
  • Level of surface detail does not need to be IDC perfect, The Loknar class by Kevin J Riley is, as far as my untrained eye can tell, perfect.
  • Preference would be for a modeller based in South/South East UK, as we can then meet up and work together.
  • Added bonus if the model can be converted to an STL file and reproduced through 3D printing (I will get some 3D printing done separately.

This is not for a commercial project, this is a personal one and therefore I will only pay Aï¿¡400. Depending on whether it can be 3D printed (and I do finally get that 3D printer) I may also print one off as a bonus for the modeller. Again, preferable to be a uk resident, so I can hand over the model and not have it crushed in the post!

Interested parties please send a PM.

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by Dannage on
Tagged:

• StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Hi old beam!
    I donA’t have the necessary skills and IA’m out of UK, so, I wonA’t try it. :)

Just a note: the posted link is invalid. ;)
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    not in the UK, but the link to the old thread goes nowhere :)
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    The posted link was accurate right up until a couple of days after I posted it. I managed to get in touch with Medjai (and suggested he might want to just finish his original and swipe the cash) but shortly after his polite refusal, almost every post against his account has vanished, not sure whether deleted by an admin, or he just cleared out all his threads. Very lucky I saved some pics! :)

I have received an offer of interest. I am hopeful we will see this ship fly.

Now I just have to get down to writing some of the actual episodes... :)
    94739.jpg94740.jpg94741.jpg94819.jpg
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    If it doesn't work out with the other guy, I would be willing to give it a go, although I am north of england, not south.
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Whilst the Parallax is the 'star' of my 'probably-won't-ever-get-it-done' web series, I have a very very broad range of other art, both 2D and 3D that I would like assistance with for this project, ranging from help with poser models (I just bought poser 8, and have not yet managed to add clothes to a model!) to 2D portraits of both ships and people, and then plenty of models for either equipment, vehicles or ships or even alien races.

Bearing in mind Parallax is an alternate universe, all mundane items such as phasers, comm badges (even the starfleet symbol!) and tri-corders all need to be 'reinvented' such that they are familiar, yet unique to this timeline.

People wishing to assist from a hobby 'for fun' perspective are welcome to send offers of assistance to my PM box. I won't labour the points here, since this is a paid work thread. If there is interest in the work, I can open a generic Parallax thread in 3D wips and people assisting can post there. My only request would be anything I have designed exclusively for this universe, I wouldn't want to see publically released because this project is a deliberate raspberry blow to fan-boy sites.... :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Interesting design. One side reminds me to the B5 Narn G'Quan.
  • songokusatsusongokusatsu61 Posts: 11Member
    the ship is not what im used to but i can texture, light rig and animate if that helps with anything.
    at the moment im working on my own project but if you want a hand im game......ps i use blender but can convert files to lightwave and 3ds and inport the same..