Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLEGO Star Wars WIP

DK-JoergenDK-Joergen0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2012 in Work in Progress #1
This is a WIP regarding LEGO. Currently working on several different models. On the image I am fooling around a bit with an alternativ material
98119.jpg
Post edited by DK-Joergen on
Tagged:

• DK-JoergenDK-Joergen0 Posts: 0Member
    Just a little model comparison
    98120.jpg
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Okay, those are seriously cool. I LOVE the Y-Wing!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Great work. Are you using software like LDraw or LeoCad or are you making the bricks yourself?
    I tried using LDraw but ran into a problem when exporting some of the bricks so decided to build each brick myself.
    Yeah, LeoCad has export issues also. I can export to .3ds, but getting the exported files to import cleanly into various 3D software I've tried is not easy. In most 3D software, I have a lot of errors and flipped faces.
  • anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member
    awesome stuff! i love how brilliantly simple that snowspeeder is :)
    I'm actually more a Star trek fan than Star Wars however there are no official models. I did however come across on of a Bird of Prey which I think is worth mentioning. I promised the model creator a link in exchange for using the model. You can find it and buy it if you want at: http://www.ichibantoys.com/dp/B005UJ317U

Think it is the most original way of doing a mini BoP thus far.

Enjoy.
    98151.jpg
    That's great, I love it. :D
    Think this one came out well. Yes I know some of the bricks are missing some details on the bottom but didn't think when I made them that they were gonna be viewed from that angle. Will correct in the future.
    98154.jpg
    its not easy getting some of these shapes (Trek style) out of Lego.

here's one i made a while back of the original-E.

the Star Wars stuff just tends to build better. the Trek ships are all big heavy parts on the end of tiny sticks :P
    its still fun to try and get Trek ships to work in Lego though!
    98168.jpg98169.jpg98170.jpg98171.jpg
    Those are good. Nacelles are looking a bit thin but that is the only thing i can think of. Did you try with the 2 x 2 round bricks for it? I agree that it's not easy to build good Star Trek models. Looked around mocpages and there are plenty of good suggestions. Currently working on doing a Type-15 shuttlecraft from TNG and I think I'm on the right track but for the proportions to look right it would have to be a one man shuttle instead of two.
    It looks good. I agree on the nacelles being thin, though it's way better than any of my attempts to make Trek Lego stuff.
    the 2x2 cylinders would have made me scale up the whole ship by at least 1/3, i started a tmp version that is better as far as symmetry goes since the nacelles on that one are flat bricks.

speaking of the TMP version, i never did put much more into this one other than working out how big it would be at full size (lego size), that was when i started making bricks in Max instead of using LDD or LeoCad
    98175.png
    Lego Digital Designer is just OK, IMHO. It's a big ploy to get you to design and buy Lego sets, so it mostly just has their newer bricks. For a more complete brick library, I'd suggest LeoCad. I may try a Lego Enterprise one of these days, I've been thinking about it for a while.