Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Animation(BSG-TOS) The Arrival (wip)

Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2012 in Work in Progress #1
This is a concept-episode. What would it be like if indeed brothers of man showed up, and a hostile to boot.
A whole series could be built on this alone really.

This is what the TOS BSG failed to deliver. It is always what if. So, basically from memory I am trying to create
a short to kind of convey this.

As I remember, in the during that time, it was believed, that the colonials would not contact, but bide time and watch over us for any Cylon detection.

Models

IvanTheEngine models ISS and Space shuttle
David Kerin model Battlestar
TARANIS model Celestra
coxxson models Fleets Ships
H.Gibbens/Modified model Viper
95706.jpg
Post edited by Randal R on

• Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
    Update-

This begins where previous post ends. Will render whole in final. And I really do not know when that will be.
    Since I make them as I go, and they Can go on and on and on... with an imagination like mine :D

Baseship by David Kerin
    95795.jpg
    Another Update:

Now this is the whole shebang so far.

I may add some voice overs to the Gfx screens indicating the presence of a cylon raider.

Also, this I plan or hope to include a cylon incursion, with a response in Viper
    Defense. And also, to include the SS and ISS in some way.

• Bmused55Bmused55177 Posts: 487Member
    Looks very promising so far! Keepo up the good work. Can't wait for more.
    Thnx,

Update:

not entire vid I have but it has the changes and dialogue
    so you can better understand the episode.

I plan on adding and trying to make this more than it is and with an epic battle
    at the end.

Am coming up short on how to incorporate the human- or earthlings perspective.

As an original fan of the original, I have longed for more than 1 season.
    And as an 11 year old, I was smitten by this show. Now, that I have learned
    to use 3d apps and create effects I am continuing the saga of our brothers,
    who even now fight to survive somewhere beyond the heavens.

Some nice ideas,some have said, but I was thinking of trying to tie in the Columbia Shuttle disaster as actually being caused by
    the skirmish of Cylon Vipers or in some other manner.

More to come,,,, :D
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    "Lt. John J. Rambo"??! :D
    Great work :)
    I rember watching the (very disappointing) "The End Of An Odyssey" when i was a child. We went to the cinema to watch a completely different film when i saw the lobby cards at the entrance. As far as i remember, the movie was not promoted as BG movie but the motorcycles and the uniforms on the pictures were clearly BG :D

Please go on with your work!
    Thnx friend.

--UPDATE--

Well, I had been working on this. Been doing other things for a spell and have not worked on it in a a couple of months.

I have only posted this video on one site until now. I have yet to conjure what, where,
    what next to continue this. ( ..at the time, new meds seemed to take all the creativity out of me-... seriously.)

I was trying to create a take on the What if- and When did the Colonial Fleet Arrive to Earth.
    maybe one look at how it might have happened, at least in my mind. Being of the original audience of the original series, it still captures my imagination.

I was thinking of trying to throw in the Columbia Shuttle disaster into the short- and a covert
    communique or attempt at secretive contact to warn earth's Govt's of the Cylon threat.

IF you have ever watched the original show (BSG) or were around when it was aired,
    I think you might enjoy this.

I am a Novice hobbyists, and only been at it for 2 years..

• TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Nicely done!
  • alonzo11208alonzo11208171 Posts: 0Member
    Whoa whoa! Good stuff! But how dare you leave us hanging! lol

I'll admit, though BSG (both) is my personal SciFi fave, I also hated the TOS Galatica. She was ugly as hell. But the design was marvelous. I know contradicting lol but still great ship nonetheless.

Good job!