Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMACROSS PLUS: YF-19 & YF-21

brain_damagebrain_damage0 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Hello all!

So, as promised, I hereby start my next Macross project. It will be both Macross Plus mechas, the YF-19 (this time for real) and the YF-21. I'm not sure how the final image will look like, but I wanted to do something in the desert, with some New Edwards buildings in the far plane.

Right into action, here is some progress on the 21. Hope this time doesn't take me as long as the last one

YF-21_01.jpg

YF-21_02.jpg
94047.jpg
94048.jpg
94049.jpg
Post edited by brain_damage on
Tagged:

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Ooh...yay!
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    ^ Ditto!

Follow this with Much Excitedness! the VF-1 was un complicated compared to these 2! Are you going to have them in Gerwalk and Battroid modes as well ??
  • brain_damagebrain_damage0 Posts: 0Member
    VALKYRIE013

^ Ditto!

Follow this with Much Excitedness! the VF-1 was un complicated compared to these 2! Are you going to have them in Gerwalk and Battroid modes as well ??

Fighter and Gerwalk for sure. Not sure about Battroid, we'll see.

Here's an update en the 21

YF-21_03.jpg

YF-21_04.jpg

YF-21_05.jpg

YF-21_06.jpg
    94078.jpg94079.jpg94080.jpg94081.jpg
    looking good so far... !

Request.. could u up the lights? bit dark renders.. :)
    Hello all!

As always..., its been a long time since my last post. There's a lot going on in my life and I just got some time to move forward with this.

Here's a small update. I'm basically done with the general shape (except for arms and legs) of the yf-21. I'll start adding details by parts.

YF-21_07.jpg

YF-21_08.jpg

YF-21_09.jpg

YF-21_10.jpg
    95883.jpg95884.jpg95885.jpg95886.jpg
    I'm liking it! nice to see you!
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great start here these are classics
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I this model will eventually go to full modular transformation for battaloid and guardian.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Yay, Macross! And two of my favourite designs as well, w00t!
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Man the YF-21 Omega One and the VF-22 Sturmvogel II are my favorite Macross VF mecha, the bird is a YF-23 on Steroids. Your design on this mecha looks good so far. Keep up the good work looking forward to more updates!!!
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    God I wished I'd bought the actual Yamato models at the last Con I went to (bought the VF-25 Super instead), simply so I could take photos for you.

Are you working off some of the artwork from the Shoji Kawamori Macross Mecha Works book? It's got near 360 views for all modes, and mid-point transformation breakdowns.
    found this good ortho for the yf-19.. had it for awhile.. forgot I had it untill it came up in my wallpaper pool :)

hope it helps!
    Hi all! Thanks for the comments
    Barricade

God I wished I'd bought the actual Yamato models at the last Con I went to (bought the VF-25 Super instead), simply so I could take photos for you.

Are you working off some of the artwork from the Shoji Kawamori Macross Mecha Works book? It's got near 360 views for all modes, and mid-point transformation breakdowns.

I ordered the 1/60 scale a few weeks ago, should receive it in short. I already have the 1/60 yf-19. I'm working mainly on sketches that I found on the web and actual pictures of the Yamato figure. Because of actually having to transform, the toy isn't 100% accurate, so the concepts help to add detail
    VALKYRIE013

found this good ortho for the yf-19.. had it for awhile.. forgot I had it untill it came up in my wallpaper pool

hope it helps!

Thanks! didn't have that one. I do have a few fighter orthos, but that one is good!

To everyone who's asking, yes, they will transform, both of them. I don't have anything to show yet, but I'm working on it
    found this good ortho for the yf-19.. had it for awhile.. forgot I had it untill it came up in my wallpaper pool :)

hope it helps!

I love both designs but the VF 19 Alpha speaks to me because it required some pretty creative working to transform properly. The YF-19 seems to use a bit more...cartoon flexibility. (I can't exactly tell)
    Hello all! Back from the dead!

I been so busy that I completely forgot about this, but I've done some updates.

YF-21_11.jpg

YF-21_12.jpg

YF-21_13.jpg

YF-21_14.jpg

This is still very far from being done
    96981.jpg96982.jpg96983.jpg96984.jpg
    Excellent, I'm looking forward to see how this jet is configured to stow its' limbs.
    Excellent as well!
    just got the hasegawa kit for the 21.. Nice! looks great!
  • GotAFarmYet?GotAFarmYet?171 Posts: 0Member
    here are some other pics that might help
    http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/macross7-index.html
  • GotAFarmYet?GotAFarmYet?171 Posts: 0Member
    here are some other views that I found long ago on the net
    97183.jpg97184.gif97185.gif97186.gif
    Is it me or is the YF-21 based on the F-22 Raptor?
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I'd lean more toward the YF-23, but definitely some F-22 elements. :)
    Wow, I never knew about this fighter...it is the YF-21. Fantastic. I always liked that the original Veritech was a coniguration of the Tomcat, it's interesting to see that tradition was maintained.