Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Take a pew: Animations

WelditWeldit0 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2012 in General Discussion #1
Yes I'm new here... not important :p. There is a animation I have thought out in my head, but, not only can I not find any pre-made meshes for it, I am a rookie at 3D arts. My last attempt at making a 3D mesh was the HMS Hood on Rhino for a game called Battlestions Midway. Needless to say, I created a line and got stuck, even with help. Does SFM provide its users with pre-made meshes? Or do we have to make them ourselves? In time, I will need help with blender to, well... work out how to move the damn camera! XD And more. Sorry if this thread is in the wrong forum. Guess it's just a regular newbie tactic.
Post edited by Weldit on

• WelditWeldit0 Posts: 0Member
    OoooKay. Worst case of being ignored EVER! Anyways, before I start creating scratch meshes and all that jazz, I want to make a short film.

I want it sort of like live action using most of the micro machines here and make a sort battle. Thing is, how do I superimpose green lasers and stuff onto digital film? I've seen it done before, but I cannot find the original video. i also don't want my hands to be seen so... what do I do? Help me please?
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    best thing to do is to get stuck in with a WIP project and try and get help as you go
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Also, check the tutorials section. I'm not one for 3D art myself (no skills, no talent, and no patience), so I can't give any practical advice. The folks who DO do the art thing, well, several of 'em have made quite solid tutorials for things like lighting, pacing, and phasers. Might give the tutorials a look-see.
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Ok so if you're going to film miniatures and add effects, there are two programs to have a look at. Photoshop, and After Effects. Learn them and learn them again. there are no short cuts, no easy ways out, you have to do the hard yards to produce viewable work.
    There are always cheep options but very rarely is there an easy one as well.