Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Prometheus

2»

• sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Coolhand wrote: »
    movie is now officially stupid.

That was epic...And spot on..And..*sigh* as much as it pains me to do so.. I agree with everything else you said.
  • I liked it. Visually impressive. The characters are flat but the story isn't about them it's about their motives and they're pretty obvious. The Engineers and their 'progeny' are confusing in circumstance and mechanics but suffice to say that we (as with the characters) aren't being made aware of what's going on, probably so the sequel can fill us in.

This is interesting as Scott says this film is basically a primer to a sequel and that Jesus was considered as an Engineer - Ridley Scott interview
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    I liked it despite it being a pretty awful movie, but I'm a huge Ridley Scott apologist. :) I really hope it gets a full overhaul on DVD release like Scott's 'Kingdom of Heaven' which turned a pretty bad theatrical release into an epic movie. One of the thngs that bothers me the most about Prometheus is how Scott and his crew are trying to say things in the movie are "open to interpretation" when in fact it seems more like lazy plotting and writing.