Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCG Anim- Formula 1

LatosLatos335 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2012 in Finished Work #1
Hello!
Long time since I posted here...
It's not a scifi, bit since I've learned a lot on these forums, i wanted to share my latest work.
There's a lot of little mistakes, obviously, got to learn more :)
Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfGvJR-m3I4&feature=g-all-s
96106.jpg
96107.jpg
96108.jpg
Post edited by Latos on
A.jpg 75.3K
B.jpg 401.7K
C.jpg 27.6K
Tagged:

• ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    This is some really quality work. Very well done :) The car looks superb, as does the lighting and enviroment. I do have a couple of critics though:

- A Formula 1 car does not slide that much. I was ok with the spinning though, but there's a corner there that the car completely loses the rear and then comes back again. Looked more like a toy car :D I realize that changing that would be a lot of work though, but it's something to think about if you ever decide to try something like this again.

- I saw someone pointed it out on youtube, but I'll put it here again. There are a couple of mistakes on your text. The first one is that current F1 engine regulations are for 18000 RPM, and not 20000. It has been like that since 2007 I think. The other thing, is the last phrase should read: "and have a fast paced sunday". without the plural.

Apart from that, this is top notch work :)
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    wow this is some high quality work, some of it I'm having a hard time telling if you have used photos or enhanced video intertwined with cg, if it's 100% cg it really is excellent

if you don't mind me saying there's a layer of post processing that is letting it down, with the star flares and the brightness wacked up with lots of bloom it looks like those cheapo broadcast effects they do at half time in a football match or something, if this was removed it would look even more realistic
  • LatosLatos335 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you both! Yeah, i'm gonna try to correct that mistakes.
    IRLM, from the beginning i wanted to create "bleached", over sunny look. I think i went to far in some of the shoots. It's the learning curve, i guess :) And i have to say, i've looked at many of your shoots, specially that tng interior shot, i think, where you made a perfect focus blur and all of the post prod. effects.

Some shoots have photo elements in the background, mountains ect...
  • DoomspongeDoomsponge0 Posts: 0Member
    In fairness, the post-prod lighting bloom and whatnot does give it something of a Bahrain/Valencia look. Is that a '11 Renault or a '12 Lotus?
    Doomsponge wrote: »
    In fairness, the post-prod lighting bloom and whatnot does give it something of a Bahrain/Valencia look. Is that a '11 Renault or a '12 Lotus?
    Thanks man! It's Lotus Renault R31 from 2011.
  • DoomspongeDoomsponge0 Posts: 0Member
    Latos wrote: »
    Thanks man! Its Lotus Renault R31 from 2011.

Ah, yeah, just noticed the lack of the platypus. Yeah, though, as mentioned before, the only real issue is the lack of weight the car seems to have on the track. This seems to be a rather thorny issue to overcome, I didn't even see a movie manage it until around 2007. I think the easiest way to do it would be to have the 'recovery' from the spin or the kick-out be much more forceful in its movement than the initial kick, like the car and the road are almost fighting each other. I'd also possibly add a very light 'skid mark' track behind the wheels on it, nothing too obvious but something that's definitely there.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Really nice work.
    Not much more to add that has not been said.
    Except can't wait till 23rd and 24th of this month. Though Valencia is not an action packed track. It will be intresting to see an 8th different winner of the season.
    Freak wrote: »
    Really nice work.
    Not much more to add that has not been said.
    Except can't wait till 23rd and 24th of this month. Though Valencia is not an action packed track. It will be intresting to see an 8th different winner of the season.
    Massa? hehehe thanks!
    LOL, no I don't think so he's not been the same since his accident.
    No I think the next contenders are:- Kimi Raikkonen, Romain Grosjean & Sergio Perez.
    Though if Michael Schumacher bad luck starts to turn we could also see him as a winner.
    Yeah, Kimi, Romain and Schumi, but i so want to see Bruno up there! I know that not a lot people like him, but i just want to see Senna name on the podium again, so i can have a tear moment :)
    I would agree with that, but he is not showing any of the magic his Uncle had.
    He still young in his F1 carreer so time will only tell.
    These look great!