Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTinTin Return from the Moon

Hollis J WoodHollis J Wood0 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2012 in Finished Work #1
Hello all I have been away for a number of years and have decided to try my hand once again at Max. Here is a redo of one of my old renderings as I deleted all my meshes years ago did the grass from a tutorial I still had and the ship was pretty easy the textures took a bit to make in photoshop as I have been away from that too but ai still had my original tutorial for them, I hope you like it, Tintins return from the Moon.
95930.jpg
Post edited by Hollis J Wood on
Tagged:

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    the rocket looks pretty small because of the seize of the grass.
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    L2K wrote: »
    the rocket looks pretty small because of the seize of the grass.

maybe they're little people from an alien planet ;P
  • DoomspongeDoomsponge0 Posts: 0Member
    Falin wrote: »
    maybe they're little people from an alien planet ;P

Now that's no way to talk about the French!

Agreed, though. The scale looks off with regards to the grass. Given the size of the door on the rocket, the grass blades would be about 15 foot tall or such. Should be easily fixed with a bit of distance indicator, I think a lot of it's probably optical illusion. That aside, the composition's lovely. The sky choice is really good.

Impressive how Herge did a nearly-hard (firm?) sci-fi lunar journey in his stuff fifteen years before NASA did it. Especially in a children's comic.
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    Doomsponge wrote: »
    Now that's no way to talk about the French!

Agreed, though. The scale looks off with regards to the grass. Given the size of the door on the rocket, the grass blades would be about 15 foot tall or such. Should be easily fixed with a bit of distance indicator, I think a lot of it's probably optical illusion. That aside, the composition's lovely. The sky choice is really good.

Impressive how Herge did a nearly-hard (firm?) sci-fi lunar journey in his stuff fifteen years before NASA did it. Especially in a children's comic.

LOL, could be ompalumpa's :p as for the door, i always thought it was interesting how all these "retro" rockets have a door there, practically impossible to get down from that point, unless there's some sort of slide out elevator there, but that would require some visible external rails for it. but i digress form the cool image ;)
  • Hollis J WoodHollis J Wood0 Posts: 0Member
    thanks guys I actually wanted the grass to be high he he as if it was like elephant grass in Africa where the rocket came back to Earth. and if you look at the pic here you can also see the omg long ladder they use to get out of the thing.
    ship-tintin.jpg
    96024.jpg