Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DChrisGFX' 3D Star Wars Stuff

ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
edited September 2014 in Work in Progress #1
Hi all,

here is what I'm working on now. Its more then one project so I put them together into one thread.

more soon

I hope you like it:)
105264.jpg
Post edited by ChrisGFX on
Tagged:

• ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Brilliant work,thanks for posting.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Loving the work mate, especially R2 ;)
    What can you tell us about the fan film?
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    Splendid detail on all of these! Looking forward to seeing more
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work Chris ! ... All are well done, but your Falcon is the best CG version I've seen, ...

Hope to see some updates soon, ... well done mate ! :thumb: ...

Jas
  • captain_millscaptain_mills174 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing stuff! I saw mention of a fan film. Is this your intention? If so, I LOVE the title!!
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Absolutely stunning work mate, loving what you've done here, cracking attention to detail, especially on that R2 unit (though the nose of that A-Wing looks a little too thin at the moment) and you can certainly park that shuttle in my hanger anytime. And no, that wasn't a euphemism.

:lol:
    First, thank you all for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it.
    Wiz wrote: »
    Loving the work mate, especially R2 ;)

heh heh ... yeah :) Thanks mate!
    What can you tell us about the fan film?

take a looke at the bottom of this message please :)
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Great work Chris ! ... All are well done, but your Falcon is the best CG version I've seen, ...

Hope to see some updates soon, ... well done mate ! :thumb: ...

Jas

thanks :) New updates for the falcon have to wait some time. I'm learing UV MApping right now and I'm trying to map the X-Wing and the Imperial Shuttle. When this is done I'll start with the Falcon again.
    Amazing stuff! I saw mention of a fan film. Is this your intention? If so, I LOVE the title!!

Yes ... I'm working on a Fan Film Project.
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Absolutely stunning work mate, loving what you've done here, cracking attention to detail, especially on that R2 unit (though the nose of that A-Wing looks a little too thin at the moment) and you can certainly park that shuttle in my hanger anytime. And no, that wasn't a euphemism.

:lol:

thanks mate :)

Ok, its out now. Yes, I'm working on a Fan Film Project. I founded Scarabaeus Entertainment which will produce the Fan Film and the Title will be "Awakening Of The Sith". The film will be a 100% CG Movie based on MoCap Characters.

The stroy starts right after EP VI (maybe one or two years later) and tells the story of the return of the "true" Sith, more evil and more sinister.

It is all my own story. I will not useing parts from existing books or the EU and such.

And yes ... I need help a lot of help :) So if there is someone out there with good and/or high Skills of Character Design, Animatons, Storyboarding, Matte Painting, VFX ... please drop me a line :)

Here comes a little update:

I have mapped one Wing. The mapping is good but I'm not happy with the texture yet.

More soon

I hope you like it.

Chris
    95896.jpg
    Looking good with your texturing there, a solid start. Can't wait to see your X-Wing finished, and that Falcon just looks better and better every time I view it, the depth of detail is really something, looking forward to seeing the finished article there too.
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    If the rest of the texturing is anything like that wing, it will be impressive for sure!

I've followed all of your WIP's for what seems like ages now. I had a feeling you would eventually start a project like this with all of those fantastic models. I've always considered your work "very clean" as far as geometry and detailing is concerned. Do you plan to launch a website for this project, or keep everything on the boards?

I'll be watching this thread with great interest!

JMoney
    JMoney wrote: »
    If the rest of the texturing is anything like that wing, it will be impressive for sure!

I've followed all of your WIP's for what seems like ages now. I had a feeling you would eventually start a project like this with all of those fantastic models. I've always considered your work "very clean" as far as geometry and detailing is concerned. Do you plan to launch a website for this project, or keep everything on the boards?

I'll be watching this thread with great interest!

JMoney

Again ... thank you all for the positive feedback.

Yes, there will be a website for this project.

www.awakeningofthesith.com

not much there yet ... :)

Chris
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    these are all great models and I really loved r2 excellent work
    While I'm still trying to learn how to make UVMapping and making good working UV Maps for the X-Wing and the Imperial Shuttle I have made the main shape for this:

the Y-Wing

Man I can tell you, this fuselage is a critter ;)

A special thanks goes to Daniel (aka Darth_Daniel) for his help. Thank You!

Hope you like it

Chris
    96710.jpg96711.jpg96712.jpg
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Damned, you are scary good at this! Love your work.

Al
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    All of your work is excellent Chris. Can't wait to see this all brought together in the film...
    Hi there :)

I stumbled upon the games Dark Forces and Dark Forces II today and the Force told me to model her and I could not resist:

mc_001.jpg

mc_002.jpg

I'll have some more later :)

Chris_
    96978.jpg96979.jpg
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Y-Wing looks to be a good start !, ... I know it's in the early stages , but were there panel lines on the exhaust nozzles of the ILM Models ? ...

I've always liked the look of the Moldly Crow, and remember Olivier (Dr.Jones) did a very nice model of her many moons ago .... Will be interested to see your version take shape Chris ....

Jas
    Heh, that brings back memories, nice start on this one.
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Y-Wing looks to be a good start !, ... I know it's in the early stages , but were there panel lines on the exhaust nozzles of the ILM Models ? ...

I've always liked the look of the Moldly Crow, and remember Olivier (Dr.Jones) did a very nice model of her many moons ago .... Will be interested to see your version take shape Chris ....

Jas

Hey Jas, thanks for the positive feedback!

Yes there are that panel lines. The model I'm doing is the legendary Red Yammer:

Redywing4.jpg

The Crow always was my favorite vehicle from the EU.
    Heh, that brings back memories, nice start on this one.

Yessss ... I found that old games on Steam and they are all playable on my WIN7 PC in high resolution (except Dark Forces - this one was too old I think)

Chris_
    96997.jpg
    oooo kay ... time for an update :)

mc_005.jpg

mc_004.jpg

mc_003.jpg

I hope you like it, more very soon :)

Chris_
    97017.jpg97018.jpg97019.jpg
    Looking good, it might not be accurate to the original game model to do this, but I think the fuselage could maybe do with a little subtle chamfering on some of those harsher edges, it just looks a little too sharp in places at the moment. I think you should feel free to do this, after all I feel with EU designs that they're a little more open to artistic interpretation than grade A canon material such as designs featured in the movies etc.
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    That Moldy Crow is looking pretty darned nice. I've loved that ship design since I was a kid playing Dark Forces for the first time.

I'm also looking forward to what you do with the Y-Wing! I have a profile drawing of it on hold while I get back to researching the original filming miniatures and mockups to detail it properly. I've been doing a BSG Viper in the meantime as a drawing and shading practice profile for the Y-Wing. Then I still have requests from friends to do an X-Wing too, so I need to gather resources there....

Anyway, keep up the great work. I'm loving the ships you've been doing, you have been hitting on a lot of my favorites.
    Hi all, thanks for the positive feedback :)
    Looking good, it might not be accurate to the original game model to do this, but I think the fuselage could maybe do with a little subtle chamfering on some of those harsher edges, it just looks a little too sharp in places at the moment. I think you should feel free to do this, after all I feel with EU designs that they're a little more open to artistic interpretation than grade A canon material such as designs featured in the movies etc.

This is just the main shape. I will make some grebbles and such too and edgeroundings too. Lets see what comes out at the end ;)

Chris_
    Cool, look forward to seeing it.

:thumb:
    Hi all,

after almost a year I'm back on 3D modeling.

I've started to finally finish my X-Wing. I've started with the cockpit (which will based on ALL used in the Movies and miniatures ... a mixture of all because there is NO special cockpit ... in the movies they have used about 3-5 different cockpits.)

I hope you like it

Chris
    101332.jpg101333.jpg101334.jpg
    Hey hey, great to see you back matey :) and as ever the work is flawless :)
    Hey hey, great to see you back matey :) and as ever the work is flawless :)

I'm still not sure how the Cockpit will look alike but I think I'm coming with some updates very soon.
  • kippakippa0 Posts: 0Member
    Good to see you back! Did you ever finish off the Flacon? If so have you got any linkies?