Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWhen Tanks Walk

DaemoriaDaemoria331 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2012 in Work in Progress #1
robojunk.png

I decided to lift up my stylus again, and do some sketches. These mech/tanks belong to a quasi realistic future timeframe.

I do plan on making a 3d mesh for each of them, and possibly putting them in a scene with some opposing walking tanks. . . because who doesn't like explosions and sheise. These doodles don't neccesaritly represent what the finished product will look like, as I block out the meshes, I will attempt to keep the design close, but I might have to make changes per physical limitations to allow a realistic freedom of movement.

mech.png

Medium walking tank, 'Devourer' , with modular weapon hard-point system and IRCM suite mounted on rear hardpoint. 1 Man Crew + onboard CAI.

l_mech.png

Light walking tank. Modular hardpoint system for weapons + 2 chest mounted manipulators for utility. Unmanned, Remote piloted.
EWAR drone, comprehensive electronic warfare suite mounted in a mobile chasis, typically unarmed. Used for remote recon. Unmanned, CAI controlled.
95870.png
95871.png
Post edited by Daemoria on
Tagged:

• StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Battletech! :D

Good concepts sir. IA’m waiting to see the meshes "incarnation". ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]331 Posts: 0
    Reminds me of the mech in District 9 (which is no-way a bad thing) also looking forward to the 3D :)
  • DaemoriaDaemoria331 Posts: 0Member
    Hey, thanks for the comments all. I'm a bit short on time during the week, but I'll be working on the 3d meshes this weekend.

Starship, heh...that one is probably true. I was watching some footage of the new Mechwarrior Online game, so i think some influence snuck in.
    Firelode, yea the mech from District 9 has all the right details for a 'realistic' depiction of a combat suit, so there were bound to be some similarities. I'm trying to tie these designs into reality as much as possible.
  • DaemoriaDaemoria331 Posts: 0Member
    mech00ref.jpg
    mech_ref00_joints.jpg

did me an ortho.
  • species001species0010 Posts: 0Member
    Absolutely love mech's after playing front mission evolved.
    really looking forward to seeing more of your work :)