Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2012 Solar Eclipse

MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9711 Posts: 5,302Member
edited May 2012 in General Discussion #1
Ok went out to mow and whack the weed patch that is my front lawn in the 95f temps and see the shadows and light just were seriously WRONG. Well solar eclipse! lol
Some bad pics to follow from my cam with a random smattering of filters. The reason for the multiple reflections.

I'll upload more later since Im going to rush out and do that lawn before the skeeters come out, might be too late already! hah
Post edited by MadKoiFish on
Each day we draw closer to the end.

• traqtraq0 Posts: 0Member
    sweet. I caught a glance on my drive home.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9711 Posts: 5,302Member
    WOAH just noticed all the advanced editing features are gone from the forum along with the attachment list. uh hopefully I remember how to code video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98ecvk19Xk&feature=plcp
    if not youll have to click the url.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    WOAH just noticed all the advanced editing features are gone from the forum along with the attachment list.
    explain?

the uploader's formatting is all screwed up but everything should be working
    All the quick icons etc around the quick and advanced posting are gone.
    In the past when you attach stuff it would open a smaller window now it does a tab and when you upload the images would list with an icon and the attachment name in the "manage attachments" area now it does not. So you do not know if it is attached or not.
    I pasted the icons and quick reply from F3d above the sfm example. This change is new, or least I have not missed that crap until now. Im going to go check my blacklists and crap to see if some element got on the list by some retard submitting it out of butthurt anger. (mess of sites have been getting the FireFox "untrusted" nag this last month)

Ok unless it is something in Firefox itself blocking the scripts or something It isnt any of my blocking tools only thing at SFM being auto blocked are the google snoop scripts.

I know at one point the editor could be set up SANS all these options but I always have it set to display everything.
    can you check down the bottom of the page and tell me what theme you're using?
    That is missing too.
    I think comco is having similar problems

it looks like you're on the 2011 theme when you should be on the 2012 theme, I don't know why you're having this problem though

has the forum looked this way for you since the last forum update or just in the last few days?

if it's just a recent thing you should have noticed lots more errors that just the missing icons, what does the header look like for you?
    uh ok disabled ABP and they came back. So it is something on my set up. Likely Comco is running the same ****e. I will have to do without since I refuse to let these spammy adds eat cycles on my system while I work. (like to leave forums open in the BG) Odd thing is I only have the google crap blocked (rather it appears that is all that is blocked.) so those editing features seem tied to google some how? Likely something screwed with the add on so I think it is up to them(abp) to fix it.

[colour=red]OOps yanked that post without think about the answers in it lol, anyhow it started about the time that the attachments page was set to open in a tab vs a new window. So about 2 weeks. All of the collapsing bits are still broke too so all the "attachment types" add to a huge scrolling list. So either something changed with the code to do the tabbing that made ABP break the site or ABP did something near the same time frame? [/color]
    hmm that doesn't explain everything, like why are your reply icons and text different colours, it's like you're displaying the icons in the hover state, no ad blocker should do that right?
    shouldnt but dunno lemme attach a example with the blocker off. The things are some "generated thing like flash or some such cannot right click em etc what I am seeing is it is some how tied to google or some add header so they go with everything else. Been too busy to really look at the page code. That and much php is jibberish to me now.

I still suspect the blocker cause it can change through the lists, nothing else has permissions to update or change. Unless for some odd reason something code wise was changed here.
    Ok here we go how it appears sans the blocker, the stuff shows up. Even the advanced menu crap appears as normal, manage attachments is a BUTTON not text, the opened window for attaching things is now doing so in a new window vs a tab. still huge and cannot collapse the key list. But I think that was a issue with the update. Funny how this software seems to break things more on updates :p

AAAAnd when I attach things it shows up properly.

Turn the blocker back on and all that stuff goes away.
    there's still a lot of icons in their hover state there, like edit post and reply etc, those should be the same colour as the text
  • wamattwamatt0 Posts: 0Member
    have you installed any add ons in your browser? maybe turn them off and check again.
    Read the thread again, your answer is there :p
    IRML wrote: »
    there's still a lot of icons in their hover state there, like edit post and reply etc, those should be the same colour as the text

It looks the same in IE as it does in FF when ABP is turned off. Well they are squared off not rounded buttons, now that I look nothing has the embossed look or rounded edges. Is this what you mean by "floating"

3drh had a issue like this where random admin had the black theme and the rest of us were on the default theme. VK has to apply the theme in some way to activate it. Issue though is no where on sfm do I see the typical drop down menu to choose.
    BTW this is this way on 6 separate pcs of various versions of FF but the same version of ABP, least I think hah. I also have not had any issue on other forums running vB.

Anyhow probably should move this off to the support part of the site since it has completely thrown this thread off topic.

MKF-
    bah including a cap f the IE version of SFM.

Ok it is related to AJAX in the code. Somewhere all the buttons and crap are related to:
    |http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/
    This is the offending entry in the blocker, remove it and the buttons restore.

I also have to note this entry was placed over a year ago It existsa in my back-ups as far back as april of 2011 ( do not have any older backups on this pc)