Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNebula Class In Blender

2»

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Arr. That why, the new one is more fresh in my old age memory. :)

Looking good on the bridge.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Yeah, you're so old, Dean. :p
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Yeah, the CGI model was a quick Galaxy kitbash that was made for DS9. They used photos of the galaxy for the textures. That's why the model looks so Galaxy-ish. Personally, I prefer the miniature that Greg Jein's model shop put out for season 4 of TNG, I'm glad you're doing that one. :) Probably the biggest misconception about the filming miniature is that it's a Galaxy kitbash and its elements are the same as the Galaxy, they're not.

I wish everyone who ever models the Nebula, CG or physical, could just read this first. Well said.
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    This will probably be my last working update in this thread. I still have little things here and there I want to do better, but I doubt it will be enough to merit another post.

Nebula36.jpg

Nebula37.jpg

Nebula38.jpg

I'm pretty happy with my progress on this one. I learned a great deal more about texturing, although I still have a lot more I could learn. I will probably be releasing this if I ever get it cleaned up and finished...
    95749.jpg95750.jpg95751.jpg
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Overall great job on this one, Polaris. Definitely your best model to date, IMO. Do you plan on any new animations because I'd like to see what you do with this lady?
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    Juvat wrote: »
    Overall great job on this one, Polaris. Definitely your best model to date, IMO. Do you plan on any new animations because I'd like to see what you do with this lady?

Oh, yes. I will definitely have this lady out for a dance. I'll let you know.

I do have a simple fly around posted on youtube:

http://youtu.be/0QU4tVqUOTk

The mesh wasn't as finished as it is now, but it does illustrate the comparative size of the Challenger Class and the Nebula.
  • anthscoanthsco349 Raleigh, NCPosts: 71Member
    Excellent Polaris, a new worthy addition to the TNG fleet for Blender and especially since it one of those ships that hardly gets enough love. When you release it I will gladly add it to my collection. Thanks very much for motivating me to use Blender once more!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Very nice work! I look forward to seeing the renders and animations you make with her. :D
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    You really did a great job with her Polaris.
    Lookiing forward to your next project.