Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DValkyrie's NOT Star Trek Thread!

VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
edited May 2012 in Work in Progress #1
.. Be thrilled and amazed.!!! I'm building something that isn't Star Trek!

and to start things off.. going on a Koi tangent and building a Last Exile Fam of the Silver Wing Vespa!

the vespa is a REALLY smaller version of the van ship from the original Last Exile... so think of car for the original... and a scooter ( guess why its called a vespa) for teh Fam version

There are a few Vespa's in the show, I'm working on the Fam Fan Fan version ( hero ship) but to start instead of 3D.. I go..2D, illustrator and photoshop! this thing has some VERY intricate decals and am planing to do a few before I start.. 3 main ones.. one on the tail, one on the main fuselage, and one on the medallion on the front ( plus dials and gages.... ALL IN GREEK!! >_<) so...

this constitutes.. 3 hours of work so far.. not quite done.. just the whale left to detail out

complicated ship.. but hope to be done by the end of the month!

oh.. housekeeping notice.. to clear space just deleted all the aventine pics..
https://picasaweb.google.com/114583233071020613327/USSAventine
archived here.. :)
Post edited by VALKYRIE013 on

• PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice project. this should be fun to see it develop.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    ItA’s different, for sure!
    Cool start Ken!
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    alreight.. all done with the rear decal... well atleast 1 of them.. the other side is SOOO slightly differnt.. but not much :)

this decal is all over the craft in the dials and gages and the wings.. so .. had to do first! so.. moving forward! :)
    this one is 1500px.. the original is 4K.. :)

Thanks all!

.. the orginal which i'm workin off of, and my version.. close enough for a hand grenade.. :)
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    been ages since i watched last exile - great show and great project
    done the otherside decal now all thats left is the heres or theres... and whatever ya'll can see wrong!

next is the wing decal...! :thumb:

Thanks!
  • jeffabbyjeffabby171 Posts: 32Member
    great job on the detail I like that it does not look like anything else very original.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice project.

So refreshing to see something other than an interstellar 'frisbee'.
    Thanks guys and girls! appreciate it! :)

bit more today.. work on the fuselage decal, the wing.. done with it unless ya'll find something!

bout 2 hrs work.. original is 7000 x 2500... ( yes big PSD.. again.. >_<)

Mine then, original base!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Nice work... Last Exile is one of the very very very few anime I can even tolerate... it was a good and original series.
    okay. some Actual 3D modeling getting done!

This one is from the just finished sequel Fam of the Silver Wing, not bad.

on the 2D side, just need to do some medallions and some battleship kill/capture decals

first.. nothing's smoothed so please don't say you see segmentation... there's probably segmentation with a sprinkling of model in these renders!

okay.. got the flight boom ( sure.. calling it that...whynot?) and the tail and a beginning of whats in the cockpit area so good start!

more soon!
    k more modeled!
    this time.. the landing gear and winglets, and some of the front section... this is were the refs get a bit murky... the bits under the pilot and internal workings... got bits and pieces on refs, but some will be artistic license.. usually where parts go together to make sure this thing can support itself and not be flimsy... :)

so Renders!

left out the already modeled tail and Claudia unit to get a clearer pic of the gear.. TRYING to be as poly light as i can but with all the cylinders and spheres... egh.. renders show 50,000 polys by them selves... could be worse!!

bout it till Tuesday.. unless I find a few hours to work on her on the weekend.. Till then.. Thanks!:thumb:
    Nice work, I can already see the craft coming together.
    Thanks guys and girls!

render with all the stuff so far.. only made some headlights yesterday.. not to much time.. might have some time today.. don't know.. working hard for a model competition next weekend .. ( Wonderfest in Kentucky! See you there!)

so.. Render!
    She already has a touch of the zoom about her.
    Good luck in the comp BTW.
    Thanks Pagrin!

some more renders..
    Started on the Guts of the scooter.. .. unfortunatly.. refs are a bit small or vague on it..

also started on the hull.. its abit off atm... missing a bulge or 2.. owell.. first go at it..
    also put some chrome shader and headlight texture on the headlights ( need an enviro map to make the chrome work... do that latter!)

so moving forward! Thanks!
    That extra detail on the headlights has really made them pop.
    Thanks guys!
    some work on her last night.. added the foot rests for the Navi and added the harpoons and hard points

this thing is getting a bit poly heavy (140,000) but still a light file (10mb) weird..

More tommorow!
    so Renders!
    few things done last night.. finished the details on the harpoons ( gold bits) and started on the guts with the gyro/turbine thingy in the middle

do a little more today, but out of town till tuesday.. so be awhile till next update!