Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPlasma Grenade...

JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
edited May 2012 in Finished Work #1
I posted this on another forum not too long ago, but wanted to start posting some of my recent work here as well. Spread things around a little.

Video Copilot used a plasma grenade in one of their tutorials. I thought the design was cool, and wanted something like that for my movie project, so I decided to model my own based on the screen shots I saw. I think it turned out well. Let me know what you think!

I may change the PL & LM so they match (easy fix, text tool in Photoshop and re-save), but when I made the textures I decided to match the original at the time. I'm using the Hawk symbol (based off Dune 2000) to represent the "good guys" in my movie project (I modeled the one in my avatar).

JMoney
95559.jpg
Post edited by JMoney on
Tagged:

• bcwood16bcwood160 Posts: 0Member
    I like it :)

That button on the top.....I just.....just....want to ...PUSH IT!!!!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    No pin? No spoon? Just a button that can easily be pushed by accident? Boy, I wouldn't want to carry that grenade around with me. :p

Seriously, it's looking good, but please tell me it has some form of safety feature. Real world grenades have a pin, a safety clip and a spoon, ensuring that you won't blow yourself up by accident.
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    No pin? No spoon? Just a button that can easily be pushed by accident? Boy, I wouldn't want to carry that grenade around with me. :p

Seriously, it's looking good, but please tell me it has some form of safety feature. Real world grenades have a pin, a safety clip and a spoon, ensuring that you won't blow yourself up by accident.

You have to push the button down really really really hard! LOL! I designed mine off of a couple video screenshots of the original. I didn't see any kind of safety lock. I could replace those two little chrome nubs at the top with holes, then move the button up a tad and put a little hole through it which would then give me a pin slot............but that just wouldn't look as cool! :cool:

JMoney
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    I wanna say the black dot under PL 10 on the side looks like a promising place for a 'pull this' doodad. Looking good though!
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah,this grenade says"COME GET SOME".
    Nice concept,good work mate.