Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DsMax2010 rendering and texturing issues (non scifi)

AshkaelAshkael0 Posts: 0Member
Hi, I know itA’s not science fiction, but I found this site with all itA’s members quite supportive and helpfull, so I give it a try:

I wanna model a realistic bathroom scene and have some problems with texturing and modelling:

1. the concrete panels on the right side, beginning with the 3rd row seem to have a texture failure. I already remodelled the complete wall section and checked the material ID, UVW Map, etc. - doesnA’t help.

2. Basically the whole right side and the bathtub look kind of grainy.

I use 3dsMAX 2010 64bit and metal ray renderer. My maps are multi subs with architectural standard maps for stone and ceramic. Since I donA’t know of a better way to control the separation between the tiles (sorry I donA’t know the english word for Fuge), they are composite maps with map 1: architectural stone, map 2: wire. So basically every tile is a polygon. The UVW Maps are all Box, except for the dark tiles on the wall and floor, which are face, because I found a realy nice HD map of my tiles.

Any suggestions?:confused:

Bad12.jpg
95417.jpg
Post edited by Ashkael on
Tagged:

• biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Try area shadows or ray traced shadows, that looks like a shadow map issue to me.
  • AshkaelAshkael0 Posts: 0Member
    Hmm, thx for the quick reply. I have several Omni Spots in this scence, and I tried all shadows (raytraced, area, advanced shadows, etc.). It didnA’t help. :-(
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    Without seeing the actual scene file, I can make a few guesses.

1) Are the maps in question tiled? It could be a stretching issue. Your UV modifier might be out of proportion to the texture you are using. Try tiling that texture to see if that fixes it.

2) Check your Mental Ray render settings. Are you using Final Gather on a low setting? If so, increase it. Did you lower any other settings in the render dialog?

3) Make sure you don't have any lights on shadow map (check them all to see if maybe you missed one). Delete all lights and put a single omni in the middle of your scene and render, see if that fixes it. If so, then it is a shadow issue.

4) Are you using MR materials? What are your glossy settings?

JMoney
  • AshkaelAshkael0 Posts: 0Member
    Ok, i found the error. For the tiles I used a composite map with one architectural material and a wire material. ThatA’s causing the problems, which is pretty bad, since I donA’t know another way for making the seems