Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationStar Wars (WIP)

Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Well, had a spiel attaching image and text got dumped.

Here is the first video of Bandit: On the Run

And for goodness a Love Song track version:
95356.jpg
Post edited by Randal R on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The animations are good, but the camera movement on the first video seems a bit jerky and unnatural. You need smoother transitions from stopped to moving, IMO. It's better on the other one.
  • akb1979akb1979172 Posts: 0Member
    OK, I like both videos. A few comments on each...

Video 1
    • I like the "shaky" movement, it reminds me that we're in space and moving. It also reminds me a bit of the reimaged BSG style of filming, which was different and interesting.
    • I like the sound effects of the A-wing's lasers. :thumb:
    • Oooh! TIE Advanced! :D

Video 2
    • Sound effects of the A-wing's lasers are wrong.
    • The entire crew are admirals? (5 blue and red squares on tunic breast) If you can, that needs changing, but only for correctness/continuity issues.

Overall, very good (I wouldn't know where to start!) and I look forward to watching these progress. :)
  • Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks.

well, lol, I only got one Char model that fits, an Imperial Offcr.

And cant spend all the time trying to make a new one, and learn how to cloth him.
    I do not have any other SW Sfx or any other that I like, so I had to use the X Wing fire.

SFX are hard to come by for specifics. Got lots of sound-audio sfx links, and bought effects.

I am still newb. And These videos help me refine my CAM and animation ability.
    ( since I am self learner-)

This is my first-2nd wholly star wars video and do not have much in the way assets for star wars.
    But it will grow the more I make.

may have an update later today with explosion :D
  • Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
    Videos and thread updated.

I wanted to include an explosion in this update. But am having Difficulties in tweaking it and an unforseen problem with Cloners and emitted lights- other than rendering separately, nothing I can do about it.