Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2D24 Century Vulcan Scout

Soran77Soran770 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Ok folks this is what I have so far... Doesn't look like much yet, but I would like some feedback on the design and how I can improve upon it!
95002.png
Post edited by Soran77 on
Tagged:

• PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool, this is something I've been doing some work on lately too. I think there's a lot of potential for a 24th century era ship using the Vulcan ring drives (I know there's the ships from Unification, but we know next to nothing about them).

I think the nacelle could do with being beefed up a little and maybe increase the size of the ring slightly too, just so it's more in proportion with the primary hull.
  • Soran77Soran770 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, I agree with you about the ring, the nacelle is just a place holder.. I'm gonna do a little research on vulcan warp ships, canon and fan made ones... that should give me a better idea of the nacelle structure.
    Okay I just had an idea for the ring and here it is! Tell me what you think now!
    95003.png
    Top view included
    95004.png
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    hm....
    ok made the ring a bit bigger, added some detail...
    95011.png
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    I like it. I think I would make it a bit longer and slimmer. Especially from the top cutout section to the rear. I would definitively make the ring larger, give it more presence compare to the front saucer. That would depends on how it looks with a longer section. Keep it up.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    It's an improvement and it's something a bit out of the ordinary, but I'd agree that the ring could still do with being a bit larger. I know the primary hulls of the Vulcan ships did make up the bulk of the vessels, but in the top view the ring/hood section looks fairly small. I think the ships in Ent mostly had rings that were the same, or a greater width than the rest of the ship, so bear that in mind.
    Okay, I have decided to go a different way with this, first of all I made the hull more sleek, and I added nacelles and an under ring, half ring. Here it is!
    95094.png
    did a neat 3D model of it... I like this look!
    95105.jpg95106.jpg95107.jpg95108.jpg
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    doesnt look like the drawing spacificly the side veiw
  • akb1979akb1979172 Posts: 0Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    doesnt look like the drawing spacificly the side veiw
    The bottom segment isn't as angled as it is in the drawing - perhaps a change of design spec or limitation in the application used?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    akb1979 wrote: »
    The bottom segment isn't as angled as it is in the drawing - perhaps a change of design spec or limitation in the application used?

nah he coulda fallowed his drawing rather well in sketchup
  • akb1979akb1979172 Posts: 0Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    nah he coulda fallowed his drawing rather well in sketchup
    Well...then he's changed his mind - artist's prerogative. :p