Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Newcomer

LeuthCorpsLeuthCorps0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2012 in General Discussion #1
Good day to you one and all. Halo Buff recommended this website to me after seeing a couple of my works in progress and little bits of sketch art. According to him, there's a possibility of going in cahoots with others here as a concept artist of sorts.

I'll share a couple of my pieces that I've actually got on the internet and put some work into. I will preface this of course with the acknowledgment as stated by Halo Buff that lens flares are frowned upon here. :nono: I can understand this as I've seen them overdone many a time.

Here's a piece I did on my HP Elitebook (its the touchscreen tablet) with an archaic version of photoshop.
http://halcyonleuthcorps.deviantart.com/#/d3e0lak

And a super-vessel that I can never seem to finish or get right in comparison to what is in my brain.
This is about 15 hours of work on a 6400x4800 canvas.
http://halcyonleuthcorps.deviantart.com/art/Janus-Colony-Progress-1-205068632

Halo informed me that this is a community that is on the up&up for 3D modeling. I am wondering if that comes with possibilities of folks asking permission to use other's conceptual art for practice? I'd love to see some of my ideas come to life.

Happy to make your acquaintances.
Post edited by LeuthCorps on

• Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    Hey buddy, glad to see you made it!
  • LeuthCorpsLeuthCorps0 Posts: 0Member
    Indeed. Now, if I can network and do things with said networking, I'll be right as rain. I didn't even ask if you do any 3D stuff.
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Welcome aboard LeuthCorps. I guess your best beat for networking here is to traul the gallery and finished work threads to see what you like and comment to the people who made them. Also you can of course put up Wips or finished work of your own and see who comments about them.
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    I don't do artwork myself, I don't have the tools to get into it. I've always been interested though, so I usually just comment, critique and collect new desktop backgrounds :) I wish you luck in finding someone that would model your stuff. Several of the people here are professionals, others hobbyists and amateurs, I'm sure someone would be willing to look into it.

Oh, and the gallery has been acting up recently, so if you don't appear to be signed in, return to the forums and you still will be. Not sure why, they still haven't fixed that.