Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Simple(?) conversion request

CorbomiteCorbomite0 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2012 in Looking for... #1
I'm a video editor, not a 3D modeler, but I had an artist very kindly make me a great startship model in .cob format. I've also had a blender user kindly offer to animate it. Neither the blender user not myself have had any luck in converting the model to a usable format however, and I'm wondering if anyone here has had any luck with this in the past, and would be willing to give it a crack. I can only offer my gratitude and a shout out on the website associated with this project.

Edit: To clarify, I've tried to export it as an .obj from the copy of Truespace I downloaded, but the program always crashes. I'm a mac user and was running it on a partition, i wouldn't know where to begin troubleshooting.
Post edited by Corbomite on
Tagged:

• StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    I can convert the cob files to another formats like 3ds, lwo, fbx.... Therefore, I canA’t assure youA’ll be able to use the mesh in Blender "as is".
    If interested, send me the mesh and let me know the output format desired (max, 3ds, lwo...). Except blender itself, cause I canA’t do a direct conversion. ;)
  • CorbomiteCorbomite0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks, just sent you a PM with the download link.