Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Hyperion NX-10001

13»

• calamity_sicalamity_si361 Posts: 369Member
    I know what you mean mate. When I was trying to match the hull to an excelsior photo, I showed the hidden geometry and set the view to parallel. That way you can select certain sections of the sphere to adjust to match the curve. Also, feel free to check out my models in the warehouse. In there is my 60sides sphere which gives as smooth a ball as you can get in Sketchup. Keep going, I can't wait to see some posts!
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I'm not sure I understand that.
    Are you saying you can adjust parts of an already formed surface to match irregular curves...That sounds like vertices selection.
    Saquist wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand that.
    Are you saying you can adjust parts of an already formed surface to match irregular curves...That sounds like vertices selection.

Ok, so see here; I've gone to parallel view, and selected part of the wireframe of the sphere and then selected the 'Scale' function to pull the shape out a bit? You can use this for the curve of a bow to match it to a photo.

Attachment not found.
    Also, I've just tweaked the design a tiny bit. Being away from it for a few days has given me a fresh pair of eyes and the warp nacelles looked a bit too short in my opinion - so I lengthened them. I think it makes them look a lot better from an upper angled perspective.

Attachment not found.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Ok, so see here; I've gone to parallel view, and selected part of the wireframe of the sphere and then selected the 'Scale' function to pull the shape out a bit? You can use this for the curve of a bow to match it to a photo.

Attachment not found.

Amazing...this never occured to me.
    Is that how you did the intricate lower hull of the Hyperion?
    Also, I've just tweaked the design a tiny bit. Being away from it for a few days has given me a fresh pair of eyes and the warp nacelles looked a bit too short in my opinion - so I lengthened them. I think it makes them look a lot better from an upper angled perspective.

Attachment not found.

Not sure which I like more. I didn't realize the nacelles were longer, but I love the excelsior look from the side.
    See this is how you do models that have the same feel yet are completely different...it's how you achieve franchise symetry.