Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Nope, no Victory-class. But there's always the future:p

Legacy era TIE Predator:

predator1_1024.jpg
  • codys87codys870 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, i love the picture with the naval station validusia. In this picture we see the true power of the Empire and this picture is more impressive than any death star. I hope to see more pictures of this perfection. A splendid work really. You are great. Thanks for the pleasure to see your work.
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    OMG GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD YOU ACTUALLY DIS IT WITH THE HARROWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you really go the extra mile for your fans fractal just maginificent and profoundly outstanding
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Stunningly beautiful work as always...
  • InsanityInsanity0 Posts: 0Member
    kind of reminds me of the transporter drones from Startrek Insuresction
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Insanity wrote: »
    kind of reminds me of the transporter drones from Startrek Insuresction

I was thinking the same thing.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    I literally, "dropped out of hyper-space" when I saw this!

Outstanding !!

DZ

No plans to make the Demolisher yet. Perhaps later.

I have WIPs of the Praetor II, which will come in time, along with more WIPs leading to an actual finished model :).

Dominator WIPs:
    dominator1.jpg
    dominator2.jpg
    dominator3.jpg
    dominator4.jpg
    dominator5.jpg
    dominator6.jpg
    dominator7.jpg
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    Finally you did the Dominator!!! xD
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Reminds me of the Interdictor from Star Wars: Empire at War.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Reminds me of the Interdictor from Star Wars: Empire at War.

It's the big brother of the Interdictor. ^^
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    I'm kinda surprised you went for something so traditional rather than a more exotic variation of the design, like the Immobiliser.
    The Immobilizer is the "traditional" EU interdictor that's seen in most games, etc. The Dominator was from a few old comics only.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    Yep, X Wing: The Phantom Affair. Immobilizer is sooo X Wing/Tie Fighter.:)
    Nebula WIPs from EGW:
    nebula1.jpg
    nebula2.jpg
    nebula3.jpg
    nebula4.jpg
    nebula5.jpg
    nebula6.jpg
    nebula7.jpg
  • DoomspongeDoomsponge0 Posts: 0Member
    Dude, you can turn caps lock off. It's not really cruise control for cool.

That nebula's gorgeous. Wasn't certain the Star Destroyer without the conning tower would look right, to be honest, it's one thing which kind of put me off the design from the few images out there I've seen of it, but yours is the first proper 'from above' pic I've seen, and the design works well now I know where it all is. Crash an A-wing into the bridge of this, I dare you.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    ^ Agreed (both regarding the Nebula and the craps-lock)

Are you responsible also for the Endurance fleet carrier I've just noticed added to the visual library on Wookieepedia, Fractal? It looks at least to be based heavily off your Nebula (as it should be, according to the written material) - I'd love to see both that in a larger view and your version of the undersides to the Nebula itself if you've got any...

(Is anyone else getting shivers seeing Fractalsponge's designs finally becoming canonised?)
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    I'm getting the creeping feeling that Fractal hasn't really told us how many of his designs have been canonized. That it's actually far more then we realize - just that the images haven't been officially posted as yet. He's not exactly sneaky, or given to gloating/boasting (but then, with his quality of images, he doesn't need to), but I'm betting we'll see this 'SURPRISE!' and suddenly: Fractalsponge! Art! EVERYWHERE.

That Nebula is looking to be extremely well-put together. Although I'm a bit stumped as to why it's lacking just about any anti-fighter turrets except for, I think, the two turrets furthest back on the top/rear of the hull, and two on the bottom/front of the hull.

Onto other things-
    Fractal, have you ever considered combining a smaller Interdictor styled hull (much like your Procursator 'mini' ISD when compared to a Imperial/Imperial II ISD) but with the Lancer Frigate's heavy emphasis for anti-fighter armaments? A nice little picket ship that can be used to swat down incoming fighter attacks without using the Thrawn method of using both an Interdictos & a Lancer together, which takes up two separate hulls. I never did like how it required two hulls, one of which might desperately be needed elsewhere, in order to pull that off right.

BTW, the gallery for the AT-SE isn't working again. Its coming up as a 404 error.
    Barricade wrote: »
    I'm getting the creeping feeling that Fractal hasn't really told us how many of his designs have been canonized. That it's actually far more then we realize - just that the images haven't been officially posted as yet. He's not exactly sneaky, or given to gloating/boasting (but then, with his quality of images, he doesn't need to), but I'm betting we'll see this 'SURPRISE!' and suddenly: Fractalsponge! Art! EVERYWHERE.

That Nebula is looking to be extremely well-put together. Although I'm a bit stumped as to why it's lacking just about any anti-fighter turrets except for, I think, the two turrets furthest back on the top/rear of the hull, and two on the bottom/front of the hull.

Onto other things-
    Fractal, have you ever considered combining a smaller Interdictor styled hull (much like your Procursator 'mini' ISD when compared to a Imperial/Imperial II ISD) but with the Lancer Frigate's heavy emphasis for anti-fighter armaments? A nice little picket ship that can be used to swat down incoming fighter attacks without using the Thrawn method of using both an Interdictos & a Lancer together, which takes up two separate hulls. I never did like how it required two hulls, one of which might desperately be needed elsewhere, in order to pull that off right.

BTW, the gallery for the AT-SE isn't working again. Its coming up as a 404 error.

AT-SE gallery needs to be rebuilt.

Nebula's small turrets are the usual undetailed bumps I put in for point defense guns. Plus I didn't know if they were really *supposed* to be anywhere, so I left it totally ambiguous. There are no MTL mounts either, which I usually do detail in a very cursory low poly way.

List of my pre-existing stuff that made it into the book (and thus official-ness :D ):
    Assertor, Bellator, Altor, Secutor, Allegiance, Procursator, Vigil, starwing, lambda, defender, avenger

As for the small Procursator/interdictor variants, definitely! Really want to do some of those.

One thing I do definitely want to finish is this (first batch of WIPs, more to come):

giel1.jpg
    giel2.jpg
    giel3.jpg
    giel4.jpg
    giel5.jpg
    giel6.jpg
    giel7.jpg
    giel8.jpg
    giel9.jpg
    giel10.jpg
    giel11.jpg
    giel12.jpg
    giel13.jpg
    giel14.jpg
    giel15.jpg
    giel16.jpg
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Yessssssssssssss,Ansel is back and hard.:o
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Yippee!Geeble mania,bring it on.
    Methinks this must have been one of those "big Corellian ships" Solo was boasting about...

(And "Ooooh, Corellians!" for those of you who've been unfortunate enough to witness Geordie Star Wars ;) )
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Loving the fact you're tackling this beast. One of my fave EU Star Destroyer variants. Nice job.
    AT-SE gallery needs to be rebuilt.

Nebula's small turrets are the usual undetailed bumps I put in for point defense guns. Plus I didn't know if they were really *supposed* to be anywhere, so I left it totally ambiguous. There are no MTL mounts either, which I usually do detail in a very cursory low poly way.

List of my pre-existing stuff that made it into the book (and thus official-ness :D ):
    Assertor, Bellator, Altor, Secutor, Allegiance, Procursator, Vigil, starwing, lambda, defender, avenger

As for the small Procursator/interdictor variants, definitely! Really want to do some of those.

One thing I do definitely want to finish is this (first batch of WIPs, more to come):

giel1.jpg
    giel2.jpg
    giel3.jpg
    giel4.jpg
    giel5.jpg
    giel6.jpg
    giel7.jpg
    giel8.jpg
    giel9.jpg
    giel10.jpg
    giel11.jpg
    giel12.jpg
    giel13.jpg
    giel14.jpg
    giel15.jpg
    giel16.jpg
  • DoomspongeDoomsponge0 Posts: 0Member
    Starscream wrote: »
    (And "Ooooh, Corellians!" for those of you who've been unfortunate enough to witness Geordie Star Wars ;) )

Hah, I'd go with Taff Wars myself.

Also, what design is that (the one with the cylinder bridge area thing)? It's amazing, but I'm not familiar with it.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    It featured in one of the old Marvel Star Wars comic book stories from the 80's, can't remember the exact story it featured in off the top of my head, but remember that it was a good 'un. Was it the Pariah Story arc?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Sweet work, man.
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    Starscream wrote: »
    Methinks this must have been one of those "big Corellian ships" Solo was boasting about...

As far as I know, those Corellian ships are Imperial-class Star Destroyers with better capabilities due to having been built in Corellian shipyards, with their components and assisted by their engineers.

And the ship is this one: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Praetor_Mark_II-class_battlecruiser ;)
    As far as I know, those Corellian ships are Imperial-class Star Destroyers with better capabilities due to having been built in Corellian shipyards, with their components and assisted by their engineers.

I can't say as I've read that anywhere, and besides: Meh, they don't look the slightest bit Corellian.

Whereas this one does :P
  • Maverick EagleMaverick Eagle0 Posts: 0Member
    Doesn't have to be when you think about it. A Vessel could easily have been built to specification by imperials at a corellian shipyard or the vessel more then likely was built by corellians to sell to sell to the imperial navy using a design they felt the imperial navy would be comfortable with, not unlike what some companies do in real life. Look at the Original ATF competition in the 80s for the US airforce need for a stealth fighter two companies deisigned the YF-22 soon to be raptor and the YF-23 Blackwidow, two similar craft with similar capabilities but some differences in there designs. Heck Look at car companies like BMW, Mercedes, and VOLO, . Each one had vehicles that they built that had similar designs that you can occasionally mis-identify quickly if your not careful.
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    Hmmm. That Praetor/Praetor II image on Wookiepedia looks waaaaaaay too much like Ansen's work here.

*gives him the evil eye*

Ansen, are you just teasing us with WIP images, while you've actually completed the design (if not possibly others as well)?

'Cause, that's like deliciously MagBas levels of evil. I'd buy you a beer if I knew how to send one over the 'net to you.
    Doesn't have to be when you think about it. A Vessel could easily have been built to specification by imperials at a corellian shipyard or the vessel more then likely was built by corellians to sell to sell to the imperial navy using a design they felt the imperial navy would be comfortable with, not unlike what some companies do in real life. Look at the Original ATF competition in the 80s for the US airforce need for a stealth fighter two companies deisigned the YF-22 soon to be raptor and the YF-23 Blackwidow, two similar craft with similar capabilities but some differences in there designs. Heck Look at car companies like BMW, Mercedes, and VOLO, . Each one had vehicles that they built that had similar designs that you can occasionally mis-identify quickly if your not careful.

And just as much as it doesn't have to, no-one except maybe Fractal (or GL) is in a position to say it doesn't have to not. ;)

As much as you've taken the time to cite examples (though personally I've never managed to confuse a BM with a Merc or a Volvo?! lol) there are plenty to support the opposite argument. Mine is simply that it looks Corellian enough that it could easily be the vessels Solo referred to, and thus neatly fills a previous hole in the SW 'verse.

Besides, if Star Wars was going to follow the real world, the Imperial Navy would have downsized to save on costs, and the Empire handed over a bunch of planets to the Rebellion simply to avoid the hassle.... :rolleyes:

(Having said all that, if we see the backside of the Praetor and find she has only two poxy wee engines I think we can safely say there's no chance! :D )

As I understand it Barricade, the designs have all been completed and are now published as part of the new illustrated Essential Guide to War - so the images in Wookieepedia will have been taken from that (and several I notice are now crediting Ansel, accordingly).