Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9786 Posts: 5,321Member
    ANYHOW here is a update on the nacelle, cut in all the rough panel bits and now to adjust all of the bits. Obviously some things didnt pan out and stuff is a bit different from the doodle. The rear end bits I think I will be redoing to better match the drawing. Least those central panels.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Well, damn here it is later than I really wanted to be at this but adjusted things and applied a less garish material. I think the real rough plating is DONE. I just need to cut in details and decide how I want to extrude or show these patterns. I might just extrude much of this like the rest of the plating on the ship. (gray bits or the green ones in previous posts. Likely I will replicate these patterns on the bottom but cut them short to align with the base mounts and the changes near the front of the nacelle.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice detailing.
    Well a quick 30min update to start things off today. Might have to turn the damned AC on 78f out already! UGh. Likely means that is it for spring here.
    really like those nacelles...
    Most of the central gubbins are done. Just decals there and possibly some detail stuff as I decide what to do.
    Ok small update, hah lots of those lately. Got most of the panels dealt with. Those keen of eye might notice some of the rear ones are a bit taller. . . . started with the standard hull extrusions and decided that it was too tall and undid most of it except the bits on the really annoying centerline area with all those inset bits I would have to redo. LAZINESS prevailed and I left those ones that 1" taller. :p
    Also ignore the errors on those markings near the RCS, I forgot about correcting the hidden edges up to the render being nearly done. All materials are temp BTW, I plan to mix up the panels in different mats and swap bits about.

Prolly time to start on the bottom of the nacelle or move to the upper secondary hull.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Damn, you work fast man, great job!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    glad you opted to panel out the nacelle - they really look good and in tune with what you are doing
    Underside
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work on the nacelle adjusting it looks great and adds to the feeling of post dominion war starship design as well as makes her fit just right with the star trak online universe
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    ^ Agreed, though I'd suggest toning down the copper elements a bit - right now they look like they're emitting a glow of their own!
    Yeah, those ribs are collecting too much bounced light from the environment. I need to adjust it since the material was made ages ago before I changed my way of setting up scenes. Again almost all materials are temp. They will not be final until the last stage of the model.
    slick looking, really slick.
    Panels done and likely to be undone all over. Just seems way to much going on so I will likely undo all the extrusions and minimize things.
    Well third times a charm? dunno hah BRFUKINGTHING I think this has it.
    I'm happy with her either way.. and she's your ship mate.. shouldnt matter what we think, though I do hope you take useful ideas from us :)
    the last change its the charm it fits right like a glove
    Ok spent most of last night cleaning up crap. Yanked off much fo the glow surfaces I had set up on the bits of the nacelle. After experiences with animating the crap I found it is just a horrible source of flicker, exp with small areas. I also had to go about correcting hidden edges, dunno why this happens randomly in max but it just decides at times to turn some of these edges so I get pinches or other oddities. Might be cause there is a possibility this nacelle was modeled in something older than max2010?
    Anyhow the more recent update shows me mapping out the secondary hull. It isnt exactly what I want but I am wanting all these "cuts" to remin off existing edges. (avoids that segmentation look) Getting it to match up to the doodle is a PITA, up one row of edges and it is too far one way down it is too far the other lol. Right now that center grid of panes is too short. And the panel making up the torp area is a bit too long. HAH I think I will be shifting the line for those lower panels down some to make "room" for those central panels. I have cut the uppermost region for the panels but since it is not a groove it does not show up in render. Either way it should give a bit of an idea what itll look like.

I am starting to wonder if the paneling on the nacelles is really what I want I know a lot of work that would get flushed. It is just appears to busy. Maybe simplifying the colouration on the things would help some. The STO look is good and all but this ship slots in between that period between the Galaxy and Sovereign classes. And much of that STO look if accepted as anything near canon would be easily post Nemesis.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Nice update!
    Rough layout is complete I think. I might go in and later things. Example, the plates in some areas are a bight tighter than I really want and I have argued over eliminating the inline paneling for a more offset layout.
  • halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    Nice work on the paneling, the ship is really coming along.
    lookin good!
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I wasn't sure about the nacelle paneling at first, but (big surprise) you pulled it off beautifully. The paneling on the top of the secondary hull looks good as well so I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish it up. :thumb:
    Ok quickie before I head out. Spent more time than I wish editing photos and other crap so I only got to the rough adjustments and some details. Real PITA areas now since it is a mess of narrow edges and lots of hidden edge turning to do every time to avoid mesh wrinkles. I changed the materials on the hull to something a bit more discernible, or I hoped since black lines wouldn't work too well anymore now that I was opening the "grooves" The lower blue ones are a bit too, messy. Oh well. Final plan is to have the uppers be hull colour (basic) and the lowers be that med gray stuff. Likely I will at some point create projects textures with a specific aztec or something on it all later on vs a lazy general map.
    Not much of a change huh? Too distracted by tv and other things to have gotten much done so far and likely wont work much longer on it tonight.
    Ok, I lied hah decided it shouldn't take too long to extrude out the panels. Hell took less time to do the work than it did to render the stupid things. prolly add a few more renders to give a overview over the next few min since those are taking forever to render out.
    jummm nice on the uptades
    looks real good.
    Reg and adjusted torp area. Well detailed up some. Swapped the panel edge mat to subdue them a bit more to match up with the saucer crap. Messed with bits here and there to clean up the panels.

Yeah it is a bit segmenty there but I have no plans or hope to never get this close into that area. Then again I wonder if I shouldn't toss all of this and up the edge count there. eugh.

oh yeah ignore the black material. I will likely shift it to the dark dark blue that is suppose to be used on these markings.