Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Help/info/opinion on folding droid

pbvsk1108pbvsk11080 Posts: 0Member
Hi,

I started modeling the B1 Battle droid from star wars. And I have now reached the part where I have to make sure that the angles of the limbs are correct so that it fits when I fold it like its folded when deactivated. I was fine til last night when I discovered that the neck rod is folded in one way in the first two stages in the attached image, and then in a different way in the last stage. It's like if the bottom of the neck rod, where it's pivoted, is risen and placed almost on top of the backpack. Can you see it to? And can you help me find out how it works so that I can model it correctly?
bdseries.jpg

Here's some other angles where I can't see that how the neck would be able to do what it does in the first 2 stages of the above image:
2342254664_64a3778bd2_z.jpg 688023294_6fa126ddd8_b.jpg 2463133591_6ab28745f8_o.jpg
94231.jpg
94232.jpg
94233.jpg
94234.jpg
Post edited by pbvsk1108 on

• pbvsk1108pbvsk11080 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like I found the answer myself, in this article, a review of the b1 battle droid action figure: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php/44506-I-have-held-the-new-TVC-Battle-Droid?p=751491&viewfull=1#post751491

quote: "However, the neck telescopes in like the original OOM-9 figure rather than the fold-down of the movie. I asked Dave why, he said when they went to examine how that all worked, that ILM had cheated, there's a panel below the neck proper which folds in, but in order to fold in enough for transformation, ILMers had that panel essentially disappear through the back, there's no physical way to accomplish what they did."

If true, and it could very well be, I think it stinks since they cheated to make it fold that way.