Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCruiser - SFS Suricata

TinukedayaTinukedaya182 Posts: 271Member
edited April 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Hello everyone.

It's been a really long time since I've been here. I was doing this SFS War Hammer back then. Almost exactly 3 years. Doh! And in those years I never even touched 3D. But now I intend to change this. First I though about getting back to War Hammer, but I changed my mind as it's too big to jump straight back into it.

As I went through my old saves I found this WIP of an recon cruiser named Suricata and I though that this might be a good one to help me dust off my 3D "skills".

Any C&C is welcome.

Cheers!
94448.jpg
Post edited by Tinukedaya on
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Cruiser - SFS Suricata --- Freighter - SFS "Crate"
Tagged:

• rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Hey, welcome back. Three years? Wow.

I remember liking your designs, so I'm sure this will turn out great.

As it is, the geodesic dome, and the general 'slab' shape reminds me a bit of Silent Running.
  • TinukedayaTinukedaya182 Posts: 271Member
    Hey! And thanks.

Here's small update. I'm matching it to the detailing style of the War Hammer.
    94269.jpg
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
  • CaptainjerkyCaptainjerky62 Posts: 0Member
    I like the broad shape. It reminds me a bit of the Earth military ships in The Fifth Element.
    It reminds you correctly. That ship was the basic inspiration for it. :thumb:
    Smallish update. Some more detailing.
    94317.jpg
    Revamping the side greeble nest from scratch. I'm trying to add more depth to it.

Let me know what you think.
    94372.jpg
    Another update.
    I'm almost happy with the side ATM.

C&C anyone?
    94448.jpg94449.jpg
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    It looks almost like there's too much of a variety of details in such a small area. Although that may just be because it's not finished.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like the mix of greebles. The whole ship is looking nice so far. It reminds me of something, though I can't recall what it reminds me of. ;)
    Thanks for the heads up guys.
    rojren wrote: »
    It looks almost like there's too much of a variety of details in such a small area. Although that may just be because it's not finished.
    Hmm, I was worried it would have the other impression actually. Dunno, there only is a few different shapes and some tubes. The thing is, that my ships are build in such way that only necessary machinery is left in the open and vulnerable, while rest is hidden below armor. That results into greeble clusters which might look a bit crowded compared to the rest of the ship.
    I like the mix of greebles. The whole ship is looking nice so far. It reminds me of something, though I can't recall what it reminds me of. ;)
    The basic shape inspiration came from the human ship in The Fifth Element as Captainjerky already noticed.
    Tinukedaya wrote: »
    The basic shape inspiration came from the human ship in The Fifth Element as Captainjerky already noticed.

Yeah, that's it. I guess I should read other peoples' comments. ;)
  • HelotHelot391 Posts: 164Member
    Fifth Element meets Space Above and Beyond. Like the details so far. The shape calls out to be greebled. So far so good.
    Cheers guys.

Here's an update. It's going slow but steady. So far.
    94609.jpg94610.jpg
    Looking great. I'm loving the details. :)