Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Highly detailed/textured Star Trek 1701-E in 3dsmax format

JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
edited March 2012 in Looking for... #1
Hello,

Looking for a highly detailed Sovereign class 1701-E in 3dsmax 2010+ format. I've used the available Paul Trenkler version for years, but looking for something much better (cleaner geometry, a lot more detail, and more accurate high-res textures). Something with detachable escape pods (in detail), boxed window interiors, detailed deflector, detachable captains yacht, full detailed maps (diffuse, specular, bump, etc..). I want to be able to get right up on this thing. No segmentation, chamfered/smooth edges, high poly.

I'm actually a decent modeler, and not bad at texturing (been doing it for 8+ years now), but I'm a single father and small business owner and don't really have the time for a project like this. This request is for my personal sci-fi film project. It's not even a Trek film, but I love this ship. Most of my free time now is spent doing rendering, greenscreen, after effects, and premiere work, less on the time consuming modeling. I model and texture what I can, purchase turbosquid models and use free models for the rest to save time.

Im not sure what something like this would cost, but know it won't be cheap. Would like to work out a firm set price. Time frame is not a big issue as I can work on other things while this is being worked on. I would like to be part of the process as well, progress updates, wireframe snapshots, etc.. I know what I'm looking for, and know 3dsmax well (but don't want to get in the way of course). Reply here or PM if interested.

If the price is right, I may have some other work as well as I could use a few other models for my project. The others are not Star Trek related, but are sci-fi.

Thank you,

Jason (JMoney)

P.S. I've been a member of Sci-fi meshes for many years (even before the crash/update). I'm also a member of F3d (even when it was still called lw3d.org).
Post edited by JMoney on

• IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    this fits your description:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?310-NCC-1701-E/page85

however it would require a conversion from lightwave to max

still it might be a good option for you as it's 75% finished already, it'd be pretty big job for someone to start from scratch meeting all your requirements
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    trekmeshes.ch has the Paul Trenkler sovereign in Max format, probably the closest thing to a free hi-def one you'll get with minimal conversion required.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    Nadesico wrote: »
    trekmeshes.ch has the Paul Trenkler sovereign in Max format, probably the closest thing to a free hi-def one you'll get with minimal conversion required.

Thanks for the reply,

I've been using that one for a while now, but it doesn't hold up well for real close shots (lacking some physical and texture detail as well). Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice model (especially for its time), but I would really like something on the next level. Thank you though.

JMoney
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    Unfortunantly next level is making it yourself. No one with a mesh that high quality would freely give it away, especially to (no offence) an unknown artist. Basically the high-def modellers will only trade with other high-def modellers, or occasionally give their model to artists who can prove that the work made from the high-quality models will not detract from the quality of the model itself. Get what I mean?

to simplify, the only way you'll get a higher-def model is one of three ways.
    1) Make it yourself
    2) Trade a high def model of yours to someone else
    3) Prove that you can make images or animations with models that dont look like some drunk with 5 minutes in Poser made them.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    Nadesico wrote: »
    Unfortunantly next level is making it yourself. No one with a mesh that high quality would freely give it away, especially to (no offence) an unknown artist. Basically the high-def modellers will only trade with other high-def modellers, or occasionally give their model to artists who can prove that the work made from the high-quality models will not detract from the quality of the model itself. Get what I mean?

to simplify, the only way you'll get a higher-def model is one of three ways.
    1) Make it yourself
    2) Trade a high def model of yours to someone else
    3) Prove that you can make images or animations with models that dont look like some drunk with 5 minutes in Poser made them.

Unknown, you mean to tell me you never heard of JMoney? :JK: Actually, I have several models and WIP's on another 3D site. I've been 3D modeling for ten years. I was a member of this site since before the crash. I just don't have the time to make something like that which is why I posted this in the "Paid Work" section. I am willing to pay! I don't model as much as I used to. I spend most of my free time working on my movie project now (more AE work, rendering, etc..), and the rest of my time is taken up by running my small business and taking care of my son (I'm a single father).

I understand what you are saying though as I've seen a million noobs begging for free meshes over the years.

JMoney