Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationMylex' Star Trek projects

• SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Great stuff but the Exterior starbase textures are a bit garish with the blue hightlight. Those are usually supposed to be a ring of bays (likely shuttle bays and small ship bays that are lighting the hull to be that blue effect from afar. It should be done just like the main Dock under rim. The interior shots a are beautiful and some of the best I've ever scene but to really pull off these shots as good as the ships are being represented I think you're going to have to go all out on the interior details of the dock.

Namely...making the lights smaller and more canon paneling on the interior starbase walls as well as the floors. I have a schematic for the floors of the starbase for the numerous structures I found on it in the different quadrants. Fortunantly your rendition of the run way from star trek VI is just about flawless as captures goes.

I was hoping at some point you might do some still shots of Voyager and Defiant Passing Throught those doors that I think we've should have seen at the end of Voyager or in DS9 at some point....It just seems like a neglected moment to hear that music ans watch and Intrepid move into docking position.

Just my Thoughts on the Thread.
  • mylexmylex1015 Posts: 346Member
    Saquist wrote: »
    Great stuff but the Exterior starbase textures are a bit garish with the blue hightlight. Those are usually supposed to be a ring of bays (likely shuttle bays and small ship bays that are lighting the hull to be that blue effect from afar. It should be done just like the main Dock under rim. The interior shots a are beautiful and some of the best I've ever scene but to really pull off these shots as good as the ships are being represented I think you're going to have to go all out on the interior details of the dock.

Namely...making the lights smaller and more canon paneling on the interior starbase walls as well as the floors. I have a schematic for the floors of the starbase for the numerous structures I found on it in the different quadrants. Fortunantly your rendition of the run way from star trek VI is just about flawless as captures goes.

I was hoping at some point you might do some still shots of Voyager and Defiant Passing Throught those doors that I think we've should have seen at the end of Voyager or in DS9 at some point....It just seems like a neglected moment to hear that music ans watch and Intrepid move into docking position.

Just my Thoughts on the Thread.

Thanks for your comment,

most of the starbase interior is original by the creator Raul Mamoru, I've created only the spacedoors and the shuttlebays new. The original texturemaps are not highres so the shots suffer a little below, if you render it in Full HD resolution.

Raul did a great job with this spacedock mesh, I would be happy, if I had this talent.

I'm only an animator and modelling is not my strength, so I'm dependent on good models.
    edited January 2022 #154
    This is my first replaced scene, the video shows first the original shot and then the new one. The new shot comes with the german audio track, I think it could be interesting to watch the track in different languages.

Post edited by mylex on
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Heh, that's unusual, to see both languages. Despite being German, I still love the English more....
  • lexington1709lexington1709339 Posts: 29Member
    Very fine work, sir. I'm definately keeping an eye out for updates!

BTW, on a separate, but related, track, does anyone know where I can find that bridge? LWO or 3DS? This bridge's one of the best in Trek.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    I dunno... the bridge for ST V seemed too much like someone's home cinema. I preferred the ST VI version
    I dunno... the bridge for ST V seemed too much like someone's home cinema. I preferred the ST VI version

The ST VI bridge has a more military look, ST V bridge has already the next generation colors, but I like the touchscreens in STV more, a combination of both sets would be the best.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    Heh, that's unusual, to see both languages. Despite being German, I still love the English more....
    Same here. It's just more efficient.
    BTW, on a separate, but related, track, does anyone know where I can find that bridge? LWO or 3DS? This bridge's one of the best in Trek.
    Glad I'm not the only one who has a soft spot for that style (1 & 2). ;)
    Playing with some video footage.

Real earth and CG moon and stars
    94152.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice. There is no substitute for the real thing sometimes, and the resolution and quality of some of the near orbit shots of the Earth that are available are astounding, and of course ideal for this kinda work. I've used them myself in the past, really adds to the realism of a shot.
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Nice composition, but I can't help but think that the Moon and Enterprise should be a little brighter. You might even want to put a little bluish hued light with soft shadows from below the Enterprise to feign the sun's reflectivity as Earthshine.
    I think the moon is fine, but you're right that the Enterprise could do with a bit of blue underlighting to help it sit more comfortably in the shot.
    I think lighting of the moon is bright enough, but you're right with the blue illumination from earth, I'll make it a little brighter.
    Another composition with real video footage
    94179.jpg
    Looking good.
    Not quite feeling it. Nice start, but the light on the surface of the planet appears to be coming from the exact opposite direction as the lighting on the Enterprise. It's enough to create a conflict which shatters the illusion. The approach looks interesting though.
    Basill wrote: »
    Not quite feeling it. Nice start, but the light on the surface of the planet appears to be coming from the exact opposite direction as the lighting on the Enterprise. It's enough to create a conflict which shatters the illusion. The approach looks interesting though.

Yes I've noticed it too after the render and I solved it when I flip the background horizontally :)
    Cool. Watched the new vid, and the horizonal flip is a definite improvement, but I wonder if a simple 180 degree rotation wouldn't be more apt (assuming that didn't alter the apparent angle of the planet's surface below too much).

Love the shuttle's buzz away from the canon as the sun rises. Nice touch! :D
    I really wanted to touch the TMP Drydock sequence never, but since Raul has published his fantastic Travelpod mesh I have to go back to this project and rerender the Pod shots. :)

This is the first test animation
  • Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    mylex wrote: »
    I really wanted to touch the TMP Drydock sequence never, but since Raul has published his fantastic Travelpod mesh I have to go back to this project and rerender the Pod shots. :)

This is the first test animation

Very nice. :)

Not sure if he's going to release his workerbee set or not... though they're just as top quality as his travel pod, I can assure you of that, the workerbee with the mechanical arms are rigged too. :D
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    My last update to this project, I replaced all Travelpod scenes with Raul Mamoru's great mesh and added also Rauls Workbee combined with a new intro done by ESA/HUBBLE.

Finally this video looks like it should be !

Excellent work, really well done.

:thumb:
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Cool Anim, exellent!
    I love the sequence from the "new E" in the Film "The Motions Picture".

GREAT!
    I don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn, but had it not been for my initiative... Raul wouldn't have probably made them, at least, yet. :D

However, you've done his models something great. :)
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    I don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn, but had it not been for my initiative... Raul wouldn't have probably made them, at least, yet. :D

However, you've done his models something great. :)

:) That was well done Chris !

It is not obvious, that a modeler make a public release of such beautiful meshes, we have all to say thank you Raul.
    mylex wrote: »
    :) That was well done Chris !

It is not obvious, that a modeler make a public release of such beautiful meshes, we have all to say thank you Raul.

Yea, that's partly why it took so long for me to complete the tour sequence, because he was modeling the travel pod, etc. while I rendered what I did have, and re-rendered... and re-rendered... lol. :argh: Not at all ungrateful, of course.

After he finished the Reliant, and I made a video, he just sends me an email, that he'd started modeling the travel pod, and I was like, I hope you're not doing that just because I was looking for one, and he said he was doing it, as a result of the video I made with his Reliant model, he said I motivated him, I offered to compensate him, but he said he was giving back to my goodwill, he said the video that I made using the Reliant was a great gift to him.

Indeed, all praises go to Raul, for making available these high quality models, at least in my opinion, with no performance hit.

But, back on track to your video, you did his models justice. :D
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Was a great vid, if i didnt know, it would be hard to distinguish the cgi shots for the movie shots

hey.. but did you know that your bridge lights were on, before you cut to the shot of kirk and mcCoy arriving on the bridge, to having them off and switched on again

maybe a fuse blew somewhere on the ship lol
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Scotty you're fired!