Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Looking for Stargate models.

MajorPayneMajorPayne0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2012 in Looking for... #1
Would anyone here know of a location of the Puddle Jumper from Atlantis?? I'm specifically looking for one thats as close in accuracy as possible. The reason for this is because I'm due to start work on a new game mod based solely on the Stargate franchise. I've got the following models done:

- Both Atlantis and Milkyway Stargates
- BC304
- F302
- X303
- BB67 Achilles
- Atlantis city ship

As well as the Puddle Jumper I'm on the lookout for ANY and all Stargate based meshes. The reason I prefer to use CGI based meshes is simply because its alot easier to reproduce them in low poly than working for image reference material. As a couple of examples I present images of the Achilles and Atlantis below (please note that due to the low poly nature of the reconstructions there will be inconsistancies but I try to retain the overall look and shape as close as possible to the source model or images used). Credits are listed:

atcom1.jpg

Original source model and texture set created by SGA-3D. Version used for reproduction was OBJ conversion (as done by Aceman). Textures borrowed from the original model and applied to this version.

achillesf.jpg

Original source model and textures created by Alnair. Although he declined usage of his original model he graciously provided some exceptional renders it which I used for this rebuild and to use as texture materials.

Any help with this project owuld be gratefully appreciated. I've spent the past three days gathering source materials, mostly from other gaming communities, but theres nothing quite like getting an exceptional looking CGI mesh.

Oh and I only consider my modelling to be as good because of the original source material used but if anyone here wants these then give me a yell.
Post edited by MajorPayne on

• WarpCrab1WarpCrab10 Posts: 0Member
    Hi MajorPayne. A friend of mine converted some these models over for use in the SIMS 2. You can see the results of his F-302 and his Puddle Jumper

By the way, what is the poly count on your Atlantis city ship? I would love to get my hands on one that has a relatively lower poly count than what yours appears to have. Yours looks beautiful, but the ploy count on it would probably crash my wimpy little computer. LOL

Love the BB67 Achilles too!
  • MajorPayneMajorPayne0 Posts: 0Member
    Atlantis is around 20,000 polys.