Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Never Ending Project.

XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
edited January 2018 in Work in Progress #1
Here is something I've been working on for a long time just never bothered posting it here. I've been trying to build my house in the computer and started with the basement.
Still messing with the lights. Started to add railing for the main inner stairway and started to mess with the upstair carpet.
1232.jpg
1233.jpg
1234.jpg
112490.jpg
112944.jpg
Post edited by XFozzboute on
evil_genius_180
Tagged:

• Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good... big house?
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    I think this is the sort of project all 3d modelers should try at some point.
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    I agree entirely! I modelled the bottom floor of my house when the other half wanted to move some stuff around and it was -much- easier moving a little virtual piano and dresser and cupboards than in reality... And we found the best way to maximise the space in the house... brilliant. :)

As for your house X, I think it's pretty good, though I don't know why you have a grey man on your doorstep doing star jumps, doesn't he frighten the postman? :)
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    No actual work done here but I’m trying to get the lighting to look better. I think it’s starting to get to a point that I like.
    1300.jpg
    1302.jpg
    1303.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Out of a little bit or boredom and hatred of warm weather I decided to do something nice and simple so I made a table I have. The glass looking thing is the beginning of an ash tray.
    1318.jpg
    Nearly done. Just need to add a small drawer.
    1319.jpg
    Unfortunately Mental Ray is being a bit of a pain in the ass right now so I don’t know how much farther I’ll get with this.
  • MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    Dannage wrote: »
    I agree entirely! I modelled the bottom floor of my house when the other half wanted to move some stuff around and it was -much- easier moving a little virtual piano and dresser and cupboards than in reality... And we found the best way to maximise the space in the house... brilliant. :)

As for your house X, I think it's pretty good, though I don't know why you have a grey man on your doorstep doing star jumps, doesn't he frighten the postman? :)

Lol, strange that that same grey man appers everywhere eh?

I love the work you are doing on your house, and has already been said this is summat everyone should try at some point. Your doing a bang up job so far.
    Thank you.

UPDATE...
    Well Mental Ray is working again so I was able to get a finished version of the table. I also did a test of frosted glass that I’m happy with.
    1320.jpg
    Here is the finished table in the room.
    1321.jpg
    UPDATE...
    ItA’s not much and IA’m still working on it but this is my computer desk. Turned out kind of nice.
    1348.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Here is more of the desk I guess I didn't upload.
    1350.jpg
    1351.jpg
    1352.jpg
    Decided to take a minor break from the U.S.S. Claymore and build my bar.
    1372.jpg
    1373.jpg
    Finished for now. There are some shelves on the inside of the bar but I only use the thing now to place my lego stardestroyer.
    1374.jpg
    1375.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Here’s more stuff my house. I finished the rack I keep my CDs in. Made some shelves and started on one of my clocks.
    1467.jpg
    1468.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I have that same rack, only its black and it has my vhs on it.

BTW you got a triple post going lol. Damn scifi-meshes :D
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I have that same rack, only its black and it has my vhs on it.

BTW you got a triple post going lol. Damn scifi-meshes :D
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Damn it's like a freak'n echo. There it's fixed. And VH-what? :D
    You remember VHS Xfossboute. It's what we used to download tv onto before memory sticks. :)
    UPDATE...
    I’ve started to work on an old china cabinet that I’ve got. So far I’ve just got the modelling of the top half done.
    1500.jpg
    1535.jpg
    1536.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    I don't know about anyone else, but I always enjoy modeling real world objects. They're easier, in some ways, as you can see the pieces that go into their construction, but then, you also have to optimize them for 3d, and that can sometimes be an interesting challenge.

All of which is to say, hey, nice cupboard!
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Jenny wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but I always enjoy modeling real world objects. They're easier, in some ways, as you can see the pieces that go into their construction, but then, you also have to optimize them for 3d, and that can sometimes be an interesting challenge.

All of which is to say, hey, nice cupboard!

Ditto. I did a guitar while having the real thing right in front of me. In some respects its easier because you can see what you need to do more clearly, in other respects it's more difficult because you can't just work around the difficult parts!
    UPDATE...
    I’ve got more work on my little china cabinet. Oh damn now I’ve got that David Bowie song in my head. Anyway, I think the plates turned out really nice. I still have to do the stands for them.
    1537.jpg
    1538.jpg
    1539.jpg
    Justice League limited edition plates? Sweet.
    UPDATE...
    Getting close to the finish on this. I’ve added some art that a buddy of mine gave me from a business trip to China. I also added my framed concert/sports ticket collection.
    1540.jpg
    Here’s a close up of the plate. The art from China and my concert/sports ticket collection.
    1541.jpg
    This is mostly done. I just need to make a few drawers and two doors. Than I have to do the hard part. Textures.
    1542.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Well the drawers and doors are mostly done. I’ve also started on the textures. I have to lower some the reflections and figure out how to blur them.
    1543.jpg
    1544.jpg
    Nice. Can't you blur the shin by just adjusting the spec level of the texture?
    It's not the shine I want to blur. It's the reflection. It doesn't matter anyway.
    UPDATE...
    The top of this thing is done. And as usual for me I’m starting to slow down and lose interest the closer I get to being done. Happens all the time. I’ve used inkscape a lot on this for the textures.
    1545.jpg
    1546.jpg
    1547.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Well this is now done.
    1548.jpg
    1549.jpg
    1550.jpg
    srspicer
    Did you use a tiling texture, or something procedural to get those woods? They're pretty darn nice.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    I love seeing your two ship models as "real" models :)
    Come to think of it, you might try making a real model with a 3d printer...just saying :)
    Jenny wrote: »
    Did you use a tiling texture, or something procedural to get those woods? They're pretty darn nice.
    The wood texture is actually just a picture of wood. And I was able to use the same one for all the pieces but still keep them from repeating so I'm happy.
    cavebear wrote: »
    I love seeing your two ship models as "real" models :)
    Come to think of it, you might try making a real model with a 3d printer...just saying :)
    Thanks. I was gonna add a few more but render times where getting slow enough as it is. I've considered the 3d printer thing but none of my stuff is water tight and I think they need to be for that.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    Thanks. I was gonna add a few more but render times where getting slow enough as it is. I've considered the 3d printer thing but none of my stuff is water tight and I think they need to be for that.

Yeah the mesh does have to be water tight. It would be nice but I guess you would have to plan on a water tight mesh right from the beginning.
    UPDATE...
    Decided to take a small break from the Dock I’m making to kind of clear the cobwebs a bit. I’ve started to build a small table I have next to my bed. It’s nearly done.
    1605.jpg
    1606.jpg
    1607.jpg
    Of course when you're done with this project we'll all be able to break into your home at night and know where all the furniture is....JK:)