Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dstar wars Virago ship

jeffabbyjeffabby171 Posts: 32Member
edited August 2012 in Work in Progress #1
here is a ship I am working on I have tried 4 times to make it always seem to have difficulty with the ship detail updated vents are Jedi law greebles on the face and mine on the back.
93548.jpeg
Post edited by jeffabby on
Tagged:

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    you should model the wings piece by piece.
    isolate one tiny bit, model it, place it, focus on another one, do it place it, etc.

detailing is the same workarround. one bit at a time.
  • jeffabbyjeffabby171 Posts: 32Member
    did the wing individually just have difficulty either looking too smooth or too choppy the best part about the wings is I only have to model one and then can mirror it I just have problem with the geometry
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    L2K wrote: »
    you should model the wings piece by piece.
    isolate one tiny bit, model it, place it, focus on another one, do it place it, etc.

detailing is the same workarround. one bit at a time.

This is the best method I find
    ok I see what your saying i was trying to just extrude from a single geometry which especially for this model just is not working
    updates with better lighting changed wing design thanks for the tips
    updated wing design including wing down position
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    can you post a shot showing lines and hidden geometry? I can give you better constructive crit then. I tried to model this in sketchup years ago when I first started and failed miserably lol, nice to see somebody doing better!
    I hear you this is try #4 but with some good advice I am getting closer to the look how do I do the hidden geometry thing you are speaking of I have never done that but would be happy to do it if it helps
    updated guns and beveled wings did some beveling shipside also.changed some aspects of the ship the primary engine the size and position of the guns the original guns were always to large for the ships so made four sets instead of 2.
    93509.jpeg93510.jpeg93511.jpeg93512.jpeg
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    jeffabby wrote: »
    I hear you this is try #4 but with some good advice I am getting closer to the look how do I do the hidden geometry thing you are speaking of I have never done that but would be happy to do it if it helps

Go to view and click on Hidden Geometry and you can export a pic with all the mesh lines in it.
    hangarWIP040.png
    93513.png
    updated tiling and pics
    93524.jpeg93525.jpeg
    tried this did not work as i had hoped but sort of worked
    Hmm, now that is a different effect from what I was expecting! :) Interesting though.
    changed secondary engine vents cleaned up some of the body geometry and went with a two engine array. updated texturing to a differnet texture set.
    I really like that red marble like texture you are using. Looks very good on this model:thumb:
    thanks man used a dual layer texture looking to clean up some of the geometry and hopefully be close to done still trying to find a good emblem if you know of any let me know.
    Available for download with updated RAR file with obj in the Star Wars downloads for free use