Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBabylon 5: Drazi Sky Serpent

JSMJSM0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2012 in Work in Progress #1
So I thought for my first model WIP (on this forum...) I would tackle the little modeled spaceship from Babylon 5......the Drazi Sky Serpent. I hope to update the graphics for this ship...hopefully up to today's standards. :)

wb3t74.jpg

2pzfv9g.jpg

10mn3g9.jpg

34j7z84.jpg

Let me know what you think...

Edit: Current Progress Picture
93442.jpg
Post edited by JSM on
Tagged:

• commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    love b5 stuff....
    looks like a promising start. looking forward to see your hope for updates will come true :D !
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Good start. Subscribed. :)
  • JSMJSM0 Posts: 0Member
    love b5 stuff....
    looks like a promising start. looking forward to see your hope for updates will come true :D !

Thanks:D....it shouldn't be too hard to update it...however, if it was a capital ship then it might take a couple of months, as it took around 3 months to rebuild Babylon 5 for The Lost Tales
    Starship wrote: »
    Good start. Subscribed. :)

Thanks...Hopefully there will be some more progress today, no guarantees though. :lol:
    Some more progress...I was hoping to get more done today but real life decided to rudely distract me from working on this :lol:

1-19-11-render1.jpg 1-19-11-render2.jpg 1-19-11-render3.jpg
    93185.jpg93186.jpg93187.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice. You don't see much Drazi stuff around, so its good to see a different ship being tackled.
  • HelotHelot391 Posts: 164Member
    Very nice work so far. All the B5 ships were pretty unique, from race to race, and the Drazi ships were pretty cool.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice idea and good work so far.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good
    Thanks everybody for the encouraging comments:D

Had about under 30 min. to work work on this model...so not to much done but at least something was done :)....and I only had time to render one progress picture. :(

1-20-12-render1.jpg
    93222.jpg
    Had some time today...so here is the progress...most of the work concentrated on creating greebles for a recessed area...although I did some other stuff as well :)
    93240.jpg93241.jpg93242.jpg
    That's an odd idea for the drive supports. I like it, but it makes the renders look kinda blocky in a way. Or almost like they could extend and expand. Strange and interesting, in a good way.
    Pagrin wrote: »
    That's an odd idea for the drive supports. I like it, but it makes the renders look kinda blocky in a way. Or almost like they could extend and expand. Strange and interesting, in a good way.
    Thanks!!...I wanted a different look and I guess I got one :)

Some of the progress I have come up with. I am almost done with the modeling and I have done some texturing work :)
    93374.jpg93375.jpg93376.jpg
    Nice.
    The orange glowing areas feel a bit classic trek to me. Didn't the Drazi have Green drive glows in the show, or am I remembering it wrong?
    I do like the mounting for the rear pod however. That looks very cool indeed.
    Nice.
    The orange glowing areas feel a bit classic trek to me. Didn't the Drazi have Green drive glows in the show, or am I remembering it wrong?
    The drives were not green I.E. http://www.b5tech.com/oldb5tech/league/leagueships/Sky_Serpant/sky_serpant.html ...but I am pretty sure that one of the ships from Babylon 5 had engines that glowed green, the Narn fighter maybe?
    I do like the mounting for the rear pod however. That looks very cool indeed.
    That was something that I had to come up with entirely by myself...and as you said it looks quite cool. :cool:

I think I might eventually make a short animation with this model...purple Drazi versus green Drazi:lol:
    However, it might be awhile before that happens with collage and what not.
    Some progress...mostly texturing and backround textures. :) I am thinking that I might model the cockpit and the pilot.:D
    93442.jpg93443.jpg
    JSM wrote: »
    The drives were not green I.E. http://www.b5tech.com/oldb5tech/league/leagueships/Sky_Serpant/sky_serpant.html ...but I am pretty sure that one of the ships from Babylon 5 had engines that glowed green, the Narn fighter maybe?

Arrr must just be my faulty memory.
    Purple vs Green in a "Dogfight" would be interesting however. You could add a color bar to the ship and just change it for the different craft.
    You could add a color bar to the ship and just change it for the different craft.
    Exactly what I was planing to do :)