Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot Trek! The Purple People Eater

2»

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Wow...

Eventhough I'm more of a Narn fan (and that's not only because of their honourable representative G'Kar), I must admit that this one looks upmost wonderful.

Just out of curiosity, do you plan on making other B5 models?
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Wow... I can't believe I haven't seen this yet... this is just all kinds of badass!
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Clearly from a time when they were Sharks.
  • HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work!

"It can be a tricky job, but he is our last best hope for good B5 ships. This is the story of a 3d artist with pure talent. It is the year 2011m The name of the guy, Madkoifish" :P
  • AescapuliusAescapulius331 Posts: 0Member
    Did we ever find out if the dorsal and ventral wings had some sort of purpose? Ammunition magazines? Sensor platforms? Part of the Defense Screen (I don't remember if the Centauri had shields or active defense screens.)
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9796 Posts: 5,323Member
    texturing

stats and crap and what does what on many of these ships is up to whatever. There is not much about the tech involved in the regards to physical entities of the ships.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    This is refreshing. Finally a franchise other than trek or star wars. :p
    A little treat, took longer to argue with youtube and my editing tools.

I suggest you set it to 720p and fullscreen, guess in the future Ill do 1080p, again it is 15fps due to being lazy, and render times. Done mostly to give an idea of how it looks in motion.
    dunno why all previews are blue cast. . . .
    Love it! :D
    Well here are all the orthos etc that relate to the project. most are unfinished but I was told to send them in anyhow! along with those are some doodles done while I killed my pc rendering out huge images (4400X2200). Some show sneaks on ideas for future work. By no means does the contest deadline mean I will stop working on BAB5 stuff. Far from it.
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks really good!
    Your Centuri fighter reminds my of a Stargate Death-glider, but just a little.
    Looking forwards to more!
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Wow :) Fantastic work MadKoiFish:thumb:
    Well, I am going at these with a different plan now that the contest is done. So a load of version 2s going on soon. As well as other b5 stuff. I probably should get admin to change the title of the thread.
    Ok early block in of the new hull. Engines are super tiny but that will change since they are dummies. The cannon unfortunately will need resizing so it means redoing the internals that relate to crew and scale. I am still on the fence about if I will keep it a closed nose or open it up like my v.1 ship. This one is built to just under 600m (1889ft - 575.7m) This might change as I move crap around.
    ^,_,^ Well, keeping true to your habit of perpetually refining things, I think it's safe to say that wou'll outdo yourself yet again. ;)
    update:
    some more updates
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Other b5 stuff???? I hope that means your re designing the whitestar, or designing a new type of whitestar..........

Imagine some body standing over you with a baseball bat.... "you ARE going to mkf the whitestar aren't you?????"

You know your works awesome, you don't need me to say it.. :)
    Dunno, we will see. First Im redoing the ships I have started. But nothing saying I will not pick up another project here or there while i work on these others. The b5 stuff might slow down some though due to other projects I NEED to get moving on.
    Various engine arrangements.
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    I think I like the square engines best. I'm not sure why. Maybe because they're less 'Trek-like' than the rectangles.
    Well collapsed the central hull optimized the hell out of it and even with all the cutouts it went from 119k to 11k :D Sits at about 275k atm with some dupe objects and a few remaining subdiv objects. I hope to stay in this area once done. Least keep it under 300k but we will see how far I go detail wise. I have a buttload of framing to do on the belly.

The silvery vent things, sorta goofed I had planned to extend the cutouts to that bulkhead where the wing and central hull joint so I can bracket it up . I had planned this to be the location for the missiles but that area isn't thick enough for my now larger planned missiles. Originally they were small things about 4 to 6 ft long but after watching some canon video they seem to be nearly 20 to 30 ft in length or more. So I think they will go inboard. Issue is clearance of the head. I also considered putting them in the wings inboard of the gold weapon things. But again not enough room since that area had power and girders. I am also considering the lower cowling on the belly if there is LOS clearance. If not I will have to side mount them or at some angle eschewing the inline mounting. Maybe silo doors ala submarine? Original idea was they would cycle out of a single bay vs stacked individual bays.

Intake thingies, canon had them but Im wondering if it is something that is really needed. I could see heat sinks or some sort of mass heat device. But there is no mention of "bussard" like collection devices in bab canon. So I am toying with putting the missiles under covers in this location vs glowy venty things.
    Anyhow opinions?

I should have samples up soon with the bracing I have planned for these areas, should give a better idea of space for crap. Guess I should model a missile. -_-;'
    today's updates
    This design is beyond words. You've taken B5 and made it awesome.

The square engines look fantastic, and for some reason really make the design look like a heavy warship.
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    This design is beyond words. You've taken B5 and made it awesome.

The square engines look fantastic, and for some reason really make the design look like a heavy warship.

Eh, they look more like the rear end of an F-22 to me. (unless you mean something other than I think you mean)
    But your prior comment still stands: That is one awesome ship!
    I don't know - square engine pods look like they've hit a size limit for engines, and rather than designing a new, larger engine pod, they've simply built multiple to make up for it.
    some small updates, sorry had purged many images in the past so these might be the only thing in thread now.
  • RagnarokRagnarok0 Posts: 0Member
    I don't know - square engine pods look like they've hit a size limit for engines, and rather than designing a new, larger engine pod, they've simply built multiple to make up for it.

Well Centauri ships use ion/gravitic hybrid engines. So it does make sense that they're moving away from ion technology and making their reactant based engine tech smaller and moving towards just gravitic based propulsion as the technology gets better.

If you notice the Primus has the same type of what looks like thrust vectoring as what these ships have, but with bigger engines. This ship is supposed to be newer, and with their wing shape (which is probably part of the propulsion system, like Minbari ships) just aid the ship in being super maneuverable like an attack ship is supposed to be.
    More tubes and bracket thingies, sorta not feeling it atm, so I might go work on some other prj for now.
    Nice work there, man.