Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips Of The Starfleet Museum

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    Started to work on the textures for the secondary hull of the Cabbage Class ship. This will be the first time I really unwrap to make textures. I will probably get rid of the pinstriping.
    1517.jpg
    1518.jpg
    1519.jpg
    1520.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    UPDATE...
    Started to work on the textures for the secondary hull of the Cabbage Class ship....

Will there be a Celery Class?
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    Probably not celery, but maybe a Holly class or a Pony class

(sheesh, as in Hobby or My Little...)
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    I know you probably didn't name it, but ship class names come from the name of the first ship of the class that's commissioned (which is generally also the first one that's laid down). I have a hard time imagining anyone naming a warship "USS Cabbage."
    It's romulan. So it wouldn't be called U.S.S. Cabbage.
    UPDATE...
    I finally started to get the textures done. I started out with the usuall panels I always use. But here they are a little too big. I also added a small detail to the three nipple things. Also ignore the numbers, they’re just there to help keep things in order.
    1521.jpg
    Here I resized the panels and added a few more things to break it up and keep it from looking the same as my other ships.
    1522.jpg
    Here I made it so all the new stuff doesn’t stand out so much and I’ve added some grime.
    1523.jpg
    And this is the final look of the new texture.
    1524.jpg
    1525.jpg
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    The final texture looks great and it's nice to see how you reach that greatness.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Thank you. :D
    Nice Textuers as always.
    Thank you. :D
    Thanks.
    Well not much of an update but I had this sitting around for a few days. I changed the impulse engine. Textured the back of the primary hull and did the best I could getting the shape of the bulby bits right.
    1526.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Well I couldn’t decide on what project to work on for this month so I discovered that I hadn’t finished this ship yet. Gives me another excuse to try out unwrapping so I did textures for the forward cannons.
    It’s not much but progress is progress.
    1620.jpg
    1621.jpg
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work! I've always liked the SFM ships, very sleek and simple looking, but still cool.
    Nice, Love your textures.
    Thank you.
    UPDATE...
    Started to rough in the textures. I’m getting a better idea on how to unwrap and this will help me a great deal when finishing the texures on the cabbage class ship.
    1622.jpg
    1623.jpg
    Very nice! Outstanding texture work as always!

Not sure if I've said it before, but your style seems to go very well with the simple lines of the STM ships. You keep the simple, old-school looks while still making them cool.

Oh, and reading this thread has inspired me to work on my own meshes of STM ships.
    UPDATE...
    The main base textures are done. Now all I have to do is add panels and grime it up. I also still need to do the textures for the missile bay doors and a few other small details.
    1624.jpg
    I added the stand just for fun.
    1625.jpg
    Ohh, I like it. Especially the stand you built for it.
    Looking good.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    You should put a sign that says "No tribbles were harmed in the making of this model." :D
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    I’m getting close to finished. Have more grime to add and textures for the missile bay doors and then I can pop off some orthos. I may tone down those flares on the impulse engines but I kind of like them the way they are.
    1626.jpg
    1627.jpg
  • DoomspongeDoomsponge0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh, blimey, those are some big flares. My suggestion would be to keep but redden them. Maybe make them a bit smaller, though, it's difficult to tell what he lights are coming from.
    The flares look pretty bright to me. I can't see the engines at all so they just look like random flares.
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    yea they look good from the front view, but blinding from the rear, wish you could find a happy medium and keep the front view with a toned down back view.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I agree with the others comments here, I like them, but they are too big in my opinion.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    If I do change them it won't be by much.

UPDATE...
    As far as I’m concerned this is done. Just need to do the orthos now.
    1628.jpg
    1629.jpg
    Family Photo.
    1630.jpg
    Great work as always! I love how clean the ships look, no massive pits of greebles or whatever, but they're still scuffed up enough to look mean. You ,sir, are a master of texturing.

Also, I love the little stands you build for the models, mind if I steal that idea for my own STM thread?

EDIT: also, if it's not too much trouble what size images do you use for textures? They all look so nice and crisp.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    XFozzboute, your Star Fleet Museum ships are a complete delight to behold! And, if I may parrot Borkless, your textures are fantastic, I wish I knew how to do them :notworthy:
    Finally finished. Now I can either rest for the rest of the month or move on to something else.
    torskorthofinal.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Another stunner, to add to the collection. Well done.